My phone update seems to be bugged

Cirdane

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah so I've tried every guide I've come across so far on how to install 8.1 but to no luck. (i.e I've registered my account as dev, downloaded and initiated the dev app etc)

My phone is stuck on "Searching for updates" no matter what I try. Screen timeout or locking the screen manually seems to interrupt the search and I have to click "search for new updates" again, but I've tried leaving it in the "Searching for updates" stage for 15min+ and nothing's happened. If I cancel the search it says "Your phone is updated. Last checked 2 weeks ago", and nothing I've done so far has changed this. No difference if I run on Wifi or cellular data.

Tried a soft-reset also, didn't change a thing.
Help please... o_O

Btw, it's a lumia 920.

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you getting the phone to search for updates on WiFi or through your data connection?

What build of windows phone are you using as you can only update from a certain version of 8

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Just to confirm: you have used the Preview for Developers app to enrol your phone for pre-release updates, yes?

Cirdane

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
tried a hard reset?

That resets user data if I'm correct? I'd rather not do that :S

Are you getting the phone to search for updates on WiFi or through your data connection?

What build of windows phone are you using as you can only update from a certain version of 8

It just says "Searching for updates" no matter if I'm on Wifi or cellular.
Current OS version is: 8.0.10517.150

Just to confirm: you have used the Preview for Developers app to enrol your phone for pre-release updates, yes?

Yes, signed in to webpage and registered my account. Also tried re-downloading and enabling the preview app a couple of times.

Cirdane

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Just a guess.

Go to Settings>Keyboards> See if anything is downloading.
Cancel the download, problem fixed

You had my hopes up for a while because there was 1 thing downloading which I canceled, but it was probably only from a little earlier when I changed my phone settings to USA to see if that would fix my issue, sadly it didn't and likewise cancelling the download didn't fix anything either =/. Did another soft reset after canceling the download but still no luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo