07-30-2016 10:05 AM
68 123
tools
    I turned off my phone. Removed my card. Put it back in and put it all back together. When it came back on, screenshot worked! Woohoo! :)
    Palomino77 likes this.
    05-31-2015 11:12 AM
    Welcome to WPC.
    Have you found a solution yet?
    I have a blue studio 7.0 same problem.
    06-02-2015 11:41 PM
    Thanks it worked:)
    08-15-2015 03:30 AM
    guys i have the same problem with screenshots..bought lumia 735 2 weeks ago and i could take screenshots with no problem..but 2 days now it says screenshot failed...so i think that i figured out a bug but im not so sure about it and i really cant understand how that bag came up..i havent done any update ro something..well its not fault of the sd or something..even if you change screenshots locations to phone its the same still not working..so whats i did is
    1.opened file manager and created a folder screenshott2
    2.moved all my screenshots from folder screenshot to foler screenshot2
    3.then screenshot worked..but it worked only once..second attemp for screenshot failed again and then i tried to moved that last screenshot to folder2 and it asked me if i want to replace the photo..so what i figured out is that the filename of screenshot was the same, so maybe everytime i try to take a sshot i think it try to create the same file name thats why it failes every time..works only if you take a screenshot move it somewhere else and the take a new one...the problem is why is this happening all of the sudden while it wasnt happening before..anyone knows how to fix this????
    exuse me for my bad english...
    08-17-2015 12:14 PM
    guys i have the same problem with screenshots..bought lumia 735 2 weeks ago and i could take screenshots with no problem..but 2 days now it says screenshot failed...so i think that i figured out a bug but im not so sure about it and i really cant understand how that bag came up..i havent done any update ro something..well its not fault of the sd or something..even if you change screenshots locations to phone its the same still not working..so whats i did is
    1.opened file manager and created a folder screenshott2
    2.moved all my screenshots from folder screenshot to foler screenshot2
    3.then screenshot worked..but it worked only once..second attemp for screenshot failed again and then i tried to moved that last screenshot to folder2 and it asked me if i want to replace the photo..so what i figured out is that the filename of screenshot was the same, so maybe everytime i try to take a sshot i think it try to create the same file name thats why it failes every time..works only if you take a screenshot move it somewhere else and the take a new one...the problem is why is this happening all of the sudden while it wasnt happening before..anyone knows how to fix this????
    exuse me for my bad english...
    I have a Nokia 1020. Having the same problem where I can't take screenshot. Didn't understand some solutions posted before such as saving in phone rather than SD card. Don't seem to have that option on my phone. Also not sure if Nokia 1020 allows to create a second screenshot folder.
    Any suggestions specifically for a Nokia 1020?
    08-22-2015 07:19 PM
    I have a Nokia 1020. Having the same problem where I can't take screenshot. Didn't understand some solutions posted before such as saving in phone rather than SD card. Don't seem to have that option on my phone. Also not sure if Nokia 1020 allows to create a second screenshot folder.
    Any suggestions specifically for a Nokia 1020?
    you cant have 2 folders with the same name...with the file manager "files" its in the store i created a folder scrennshot 2, moved my scshots there and then it worked but only once..second attemp for scshot failed again.. as i said i think that everytime you try to take a scshot the filename is the same..anyway i cant find any solution its seems to be a bug..restore default seeting may work, but for how long??
    08-26-2015 05:04 AM
    Hi. I have Lumia 1020 and I can take screenshots before but now I can't take any screenshots anymore. I even deleted my last few screenshots but I still cant. Can you guys help me?
    09-22-2015 01:01 AM
    I turned off my phone. Removed my card. Put it back in and put it all back together. When it came back on, screenshot worked! Woohoo! :)
    This also worked for me... Try it
    10-03-2015 12:14 PM
    [I'm having the same exact problem but I refuse to reset my phone because of the companies mistake!

Sent from my Lumia 640
    10-04-2015 10:56 PM
    I have a Nokia Lumia 635 And I can take 1 screenshot...and then it doesn't let me take anymore. I just uploaded all my pics off of my phone and sd card to my computer so i'm going to try reformattin my sd card and see what happens. I also tried removing my sd card and then take a screenshot and it still only let's me take one and then it says "Couldn't save screenshot"

I'm going to read through rest of thread to see if there are any for sure fixes before I try anything else.
    10-15-2015 12:33 PM
    Okay soo got it workin so Hit Power + Vol+ Many times and fast Thats how i got it workin
    10-24-2015 12:38 PM
    Trying to take a screenshot (obviously using the new method of power + volume up) doesn't work for me since updating to 8.1. The screen flashes as if it's taking the shot but it immediately displays

'Couldn't take screenshot' at the very top of the screen. Not in the usual message in a box where you tap okay to get rid of it, just the text appearing and little dots moving across the screen above it and disappearing in 1-2 seconds.

I can't seem to find anybody who has this issue and I performed a hard reset on my phone this morning but it didn't make a difference.
    Is everybody else able to take screenshots?

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    Ok,I have the same problem,after I downloaded a game,Cut The Rope.I took a few screenshots,about three (when I was in the game) and then I couldn't take other,because it said Couldn't take screenshot'.I tried a lot,but nothing.After time I switched off my phone,I closed it and I opened it a few seconds later.It was taking screenshots fine.
    12-29-2015 09:50 AM
    Okay soo got it workin so Hit Power + Vol+ Many times and fast Thats how i got it workin
    Ahahaha... That is great, I don't know how it came to your mind, but it definitely works! I had the same issue with Windows 10 Mobile (insider preview), and same thing solved my issue as well.

Changing where to save pictures also worked, but your solution is better + awesome!
    01-09-2016 01:24 PM
    Both of your have answer ???
    It's too easy understanding answer.
    I have Lumia 535
    Win 10
    Intel memory
    Space free

(I think it is my 535 not support win 10. Like "my 64gb SD card not support Lumia 535 )
    02-14-2016 11:47 AM
    Hey there. I have found that many people are facing this problem. Looks like you would have found an answer ( of course, this question is almost 2 years old) but this post is for others who would view this forum in scope of some help.
    There is a maximum limit of screenshots in a targeted folder where the screenshots are saved(Phone or SD Card). This limit is 90( can be different in different models). U have to transfer the screenshots from that targeted folder to any other folder. This will create room for ne w screenshots.
    There can be some software issues ( if not the above one) and can be solved by soft reset it a hard reset.
    There is also a possibility that lower class SD Card is creating problems. In this case, u can change the targeted folder by accesing settings.
    Hope this would solve problems of all viewers viewing this forum.
    02-26-2016 09:46 AM
    Hi,
    I'm getting the same problem my 950XL which doesn't have a memory card. I have tried:
    • soft reboots
    • emptying the screenshots folder
    • renaming the screenshots folder
    • deleting and trying to get the phone to recreate the screenshots folder
    • deleting and recreating the screenshots folder manually
    Nothing has worked so far.
    I’m running OS build 10.0.10586.107

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    03-01-2016 06:20 AM
    Trying to take a screenshot (obviously using the new method of power + volume up) doesn't work for me since updating to 8.1. The screen flashes as if it's taking the shot but it immediately displays

'Couldn't take screenshot' at the very top of the screen. Not in the usual message in a box where you tap okay to get rid of it, just the text appearing and little dots moving across the screen above it and disappearing in 1-2 seconds.

I can't seem to find anybody who has this issue and I performed a hard reset on my phone this morning but it didn't make a difference.
    Is everybody else able to take screenshots?

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    WHAT BRO WE CAN'T RECOGNIZE THE PEOPLE WITH SAME NAMES(some people can)

Summary some applications can't create a name(2).

SO HAVE WAIT FOR ONE SO THAT screenshot names changes to xxxxxx30 to xxxxxx31 so u can save from files next day

OR

U CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT RENAME THE SCREENSHOTS.

IT HAPEENS WHEN NAMING of screenshot ON THAT DAY STARTS AGAIN FROM xxxxxx1.png

Solution: Rename screenshots taken on that day or wait for a day.

Soft reset and hard reset is not the only solution

Its like If we can't study well in +2 ,
    Then we will stats again from Play school

My name is Ajay Kumar And i solved problem
    07-30-2016 07:43 AM
    People, this thread is really old!

Furthermore it pertains to WP 8.1 preview for developers not WM10 or the newer devices out there.

Therefore please post in the relevant sub forums, thank you.

In order to prevent any more confusion this thread is now closed.
    07-30-2016 10:05 AM
68 123