'Couldn't take screenshot'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladnishad

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I had Lumia cyan update running on my Lumia 620..and back then I never faced this issue..recently after resetting my device to factory settings I came across this problem! So I navigated to the screenshot folder in my sd card->Pictures and simply refreshed the screenshot folder using 'File' and tried to take a screenshot there itself! And it worked for me! :D

matthew_u

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 930 was having the same issue after last night. Up to date with the latest Dev preview build 8.10.14219.241 and Cyan (not Denim yet)

I just did a soft reset and it came good again.

Kinza Khan

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
hii, I'm facing the exact problem! First my glance screen went inverted, it still inverts then bam, it becomes black. Cant even see the inverted glancescreen then phone refused to take screenshots. It had been working fine but this all happened yesterday while i was charging the phone/

Like here it was said to switch the storage of pictures to phone then see, it worked. Its savinf screenshots on phone now but I want them to be saved on sd card. HELP.

Ayush Sharma India

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
fIXED sOLUTION

simply go to storage sense
IN that scroll down change STORE NEW PHOTOS IN MY => to phone memory
then take a screen shot
after that again change to memory card

Problem will be fixed

arun nayar

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I was also facing a similar issue . I did a lot of research on internet but nothing happened.
Finally, one day i inserted my sd card in my friend's android phone (samsung) to transfer a video. And when i reinserted it back in phone and tried to take a screenshot, it worked. I don't know what fixed it ; but it started working again.

Soumya Mukherjee

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I am facing the same problem regarding the screenshot issue after the update. Today went to the Nokia care. They instead did the master reset of my phone and all the apps and other phone datas gone.

After that it worked fine the whole day. In the evening when I tried out the same thing again it couldn't take screenshot. Totally fed-up.

kode54

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I am having this problem with my Lumia 1020, running Windows 10 Phone. It does not have an SD card slot to speak of, so it should be saving the photos to the phone.

I can see the screen shots in the Photos app, but they're not visible from OneDrive, or from the Nokia Photo Transfer app.

E: I was, however, able to use the Share button from Photos to upload it to OneDrive.

Mamaw Rain

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I have begun to have the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 635. Last week I took several screenshots with no problem. This week, every type of screenshot I try to take leaves a typed message on top of screen 'Could not take screenshot'. I see that someone said to save to phone instead of SD card but I don't know how to make sure it is saving to my phone. Could someone please tell me how? Also, what is a soft reset? Thanks

Mamaw Rain

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I turned off my phone. Removed my card. Put it back in and put it all back together. When it came back on, screenshot worked! Woohoo! :)

pelekakias

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
guys i have the same problem with screenshots..bought lumia 735 2 weeks ago and i could take screenshots with no problem..but 2 days now it says screenshot failed...so i think that i figured out a bug but im not so sure about it and i really cant understand how that bag came up..i havent done any update ro something..well its not fault of the sd or something..even if you change screenshots locations to phone its the same still not working..so whats i did is
1.opened file manager and created a folder screenshott2
2.moved all my screenshots from folder screenshot to foler screenshot2
3.then screenshot worked..but it worked only once..second attemp for screenshot failed again and then i tried to moved that last screenshot to folder2 and it asked me if i want to replace the photo..so what i figured out is that the filename of screenshot was the same, so maybe everytime i try to take a sshot i think it try to create the same file name thats why it failes every time..works only if you take a screenshot move it somewhere else and the take a new one...the problem is why is this happening all of the sudden while it wasnt happening before..anyone knows how to fix this????
exuse me for my bad english...

SmHs

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
guys i have the same problem with screenshots..bought lumia 735 2 weeks ago and i could take screenshots with no problem..but 2 days now it says screenshot failed...so i think that i figured out a bug but im not so sure about it and i really cant understand how that bag came up..i havent done any update ro something..well its not fault of the sd or something..even if you change screenshots locations to phone its the same still not working..so whats i did is
1.opened file manager and created a folder screenshott2
2.moved all my screenshots from folder screenshot to foler screenshot2
3.then screenshot worked..but it worked only once..second attemp for screenshot failed again and then i tried to moved that last screenshot to folder2 and it asked me if i want to replace the photo..so what i figured out is that the filename of screenshot was the same, so maybe everytime i try to take a sshot i think it try to create the same file name thats why it failes every time..works only if you take a screenshot move it somewhere else and the take a new one...the problem is why is this happening all of the sudden while it wasnt happening before..anyone knows how to fix this????
exuse me for my bad english...

I have a Nokia 1020. Having the same problem where I can't take screenshot. Didn't understand some solutions posted before such as saving in phone rather than SD card. Don't seem to have that option on my phone. Also not sure if Nokia 1020 allows to create a second screenshot folder.
Any suggestions specifically for a Nokia 1020?

pelekakias

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nokia 1020. Having the same problem where I can't take screenshot. Didn't understand some solutions posted before such as saving in phone rather than SD card. Don't seem to have that option on my phone. Also not sure if Nokia 1020 allows to create a second screenshot folder.
Any suggestions specifically for a Nokia 1020?

you cant have 2 folders with the same name...with the file manager "files" its in the store i created a folder scrennshot 2, moved my scshots there and then it worked but only once..second attemp for scshot failed again.. as i said i think that everytime you try to take a scshot the filename is the same..anyway i cant find any solution its seems to be a bug..restore default seeting may work, but for how long??

Ayniee

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I have Lumia 1020 and I can take screenshots before but now I can't take any screenshots anymore. I even deleted my last few screenshots but I still cant. Can you guys help me?

Artistic Piscean

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 635 And I can take 1 screenshot...and then it doesn't let me take anymore. I just uploaded all my pics off of my phone and sd card to my computer so i'm going to try reformattin my sd card and see what happens. I also tried removing my sd card and then take a screenshot and it still only let's me take one and then it says "Couldn't save screenshot"

I'm going to read through rest of thread to see if there are any for sure fixes before I try anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05