'Couldn't take screenshot'

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpsways

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Trying to take a screenshot (obviously using the new method of power + volume up) doesn't work for me since updating to 8.1. The screen flashes as if it's taking the shot but it immediately displays

'Couldn't take screenshot' at the very top of the screen. Not in the usual message in a box where you tap okay to get rid of it, just the text appearing and little dots moving across the screen above it and disappearing in 1-2 seconds.

I can't seem to find anybody who has this issue and I performed a hard reset on my phone this morning but it didn't make a difference.
Is everybody else able to take screenshots?

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Ok,I have the same problem,after I downloaded a game,Cut The Rope.I took a few screenshots,about three (when I was in the game) and then I couldn't take other,because it said Couldn't take screenshot'.I tried a lot,but nothing.After time I switched off my phone,I closed it and I opened it a few seconds later.It was taking screenshots fine.

samir89ns

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Okay soo got it workin so Hit Power + Vol+ Many times and fast Thats how i got it workin :angel::angel::angel::angel:
Ahahaha...:grincry: That is great, I don't know how it came to your mind, but it definitely works!:grin: I had the same issue with Windows 10 Mobile (insider preview), and same thing solved my issue as well.:cool:

Changing where to save pictures also worked, but your solution is better + awesome!:grin:

kavinda dinushan

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Both of your have answer ???
It's too easy understanding answer.
I have Lumia 535
Win 10
Intel memory
Space free

(I think it is my 535 not support win 10. Like "my 64gb SD card not support Lumia 535 )

Maiden_Priest_001

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey there. I have found that many people are facing this problem. Looks like you would have found an answer ( of course, this question is almost 2 years old) but this post is for others who would view this forum in scope of some help.
There is a maximum limit of screenshots in a targeted folder where the screenshots are saved(Phone or SD Card). This limit is 90( can be different in different models). U have to transfer the screenshots from that targeted folder to any other folder. This will create room for ne w screenshots.
There can be some software issues ( if not the above one) and can be solved by soft reset it a hard reset.
There is also a possibility that lower class SD Card is creating problems. In this case, u can change the targeted folder by accesing settings.
Hope this would solve problems of all viewers viewing this forum.

Ian Bradbury

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I'm getting the same problem my 950XL which doesn't have a memory card. I have tried:
• soft reboots
• emptying the screenshots folder
• renaming the screenshots folder
• deleting and trying to get the phone to recreate the screenshots folder
• deleting and recreating the screenshots folder manually
Nothing has worked so far.
I’m running OS build 10.0.10586.107

Any help would be greatly appreciated

anon(9979311)

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Trying to take a screenshot (obviously using the new method of power + volume up) doesn't work for me since updating to 8.1. The screen flashes as if it's taking the shot but it immediately displays

'Couldn't take screenshot' at the very top of the screen. Not in the usual message in a box where you tap okay to get rid of it, just the text appearing and little dots moving across the screen above it and disappearing in 1-2 seconds.

I can't seem to find anybody who has this issue and I performed a hard reset on my phone this morning but it didn't make a difference.
Is everybody else able to take screenshots?

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

WHAT BRO WE CAN'T RECOGNIZE THE PEOPLE WITH SAME NAMES(some people can)

Summary some applications can't create a name(2).

SO HAVE WAIT FOR ONE SO THAT screenshot names changes to xxxxxx30 to xxxxxx31 so u can save from files next day

OR

U CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT RENAME THE SCREENSHOTS.

IT HAPEENS WHEN NAMING of screenshot ON THAT DAY STARTS AGAIN FROM xxxxxx1.png

Solution: Rename screenshots taken on that day or wait for a day.

Soft reset and hard reset is not the only solution

Its like If we can't study well in +2 ,
Then we will stats again from Play school

My name is Ajay Kumar And i solved problem

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
People, this thread is really old!

Furthermore it pertains to WP 8.1 preview for developers not WM10 or the newer devices out there.

Therefore please post in the relevant sub forums, thank you.

In order to prevent any more confusion this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb