Do you use the Swype Keyboard?

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
lol , why the hell you r not using it!. i use it everytime and it types every word correctly. now i type upto 80% faster than past.!

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, we know it is not the Swype keyboard, but one could make the argument that swype, while a brand name, has also become a plain old noun that covers this type of input.

Other examples of licensed brand names that are also now common accepted nouns: Kleenex, Crockpot, Band-Aid, Post-it....

We can agree to disagree then. Swype is not the keyboard from Microsoft.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I love it, but sometimes it's difficult with the 1520. I'm sure it's heaven on an Icon or really any other normal sized phone.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I am using it sporadically.

Everytime I type I try to use it for a couple of words to slowly train my brain.

Using a screen protectror makes things a lil awkward but it still works.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
What are we agreeing to disagree about? We all know it's not "Swype." I just think the word swype might end up a generic noun like the others I mentioned.

That it will be generic. I don't want it to be. :winktongue:

So, WP does not have a Swype keyboard as implied by the OP. :grin:

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
YES!!! This is the one and only thing I miss from my 'Droid days. WordFlow seems to predict/resolve much better than Swype did also. Well worth the price of admission.

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely! This and the notification center are the two most important upgrades in 8.1. I can type 3X faster using word flow.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
The 925 screen it's too larger. I think this is a very good add for devices that have screen lower than 4" or less.

But sometimes I use, it's very good.

rculver9056

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
What are we agreeing to disagree about? We all know it's not "Swype." I just think the word swype might end up a generic noun like the others I mentioned.
Uhh... Yeah, just let me google that on Bing lol

I use this feature quite a lot now, and I am improving all the time. It'll even get words on the same row of letters right: "quite", "row" "all" lol.
Loving it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss