03-14-2015 08:01 PM
182 ... 45678
tools
    It's super fast and I'm doing the reply on it right now. Super accurate and you don't even have to type that accurate. Just a better way to text. People just need to get used to it.
    04-22-2014 01:54 PM
    I'm consistently using it when holding the phone one handed, and I love it. When I've got both hands on the phone I'm still typing old school style with both thumbs, and not swiping... yet!
    04-22-2014 01:58 PM
    I do use the word flow keyboard on my 925 and love it. Was always envious of the swipe keyboard on Android. I actually write faster using it!
    04-22-2014 02:57 PM
    I love it. I use it must of the time.. It's fast becoming a natural for me.
    04-22-2014 03:12 PM
    Sometimes... When using it with one hand... But i try to avoid it cause it's a little tricky
    04-22-2014 03:23 PM
    Heres a question, I tried it after seening this thread but, never have done it before. Is there a video or something to show the ins and outs of how to use it ? Looking for more of basic training so I could get up and running really quick with it...

Or is this just slide for one word, once that word is done, lift up you finger, then place down to start the next word ?
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 04-23-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    04-22-2014 04:22 PM
    I really dont find my self using the Swype Keyboard I tend to write faster without it.
    Yes it's amazing and I find the UK keyboard has a better accuracy than the US one for some reason (switched to US for Cortina).
    Even WordFlow is in the UK dictionary.
    Which, incidentally is what the keyboard is called - change the thread title please :)

Can't see how you can be faster tapping. If you write in txt spk then it will be slower but for real English it's hyperquick.
    04-22-2014 05:38 PM
    I use it for writing in English. Unfortunately its not available in my language. But for English it's really good. I can type without the need to correct the word. It can predict it almost everything.
    04-22-2014 06:10 PM
    I use this now all the time even this msg was written with swipe only I have used it for US/UK/India English and all works well even it is very great in typing hinglish words mix of Hindi and English I am totally in love with this can't get enough of it 😉
    04-22-2014 11:40 PM
    I tried the original Swype for Android on the Samsung Galaxy S back in the day and hatred it, but I'm using word flow to type this and loving every minute of it. 😊
    04-22-2014 11:44 PM
    Yes, we know it is not the Swype keyboard, but one could make the argument that swype, while a brand name, has also become a plain old noun that covers this type of input.

Other examples of licensed brand names that are also now common accepted nouns: Kleenex, Crockpot, Band-Aid, Post-it....
    Except that this is far superior to Swype. In Swype you had to circle around double letters, which was a really unnatural motion. Word Flow just figured it out. You know, like a *smart* device should. 😊
    04-22-2014 11:48 PM
    Yes.... :) the more you use it, the faster and accurate it becomes...
    04-23-2014 02:27 AM
    Except that this is far superior to Swype. In Swype you had to circle around double letters, which was a really unnatural motion. Word Flow just figured it out. You know, like a *smart* device should. ��
    Swype makes a good guess at double letters, even without a circle.
    04-23-2014 09:29 AM
    Haha faster without swipe? Never ever! Then you simply don't know how to use it
    04-23-2014 10:17 AM
    Yes it's amazing and I find the UK keyboard has a better accuracy than the US one for some reason (switched to US for Cortina).
    Even WordFlow is in the UK dictionary.
    Which, incidentally is what the keyboard is called - change the thread title please :)

Can't see how you can be faster tapping. If you write in txt spk then it will be slower but for real English it's hyperquick.
    You don't have to use the US keyboard to use Cortana. You can change to whatever keyboards language you want and Cortana will still work.
    04-23-2014 10:46 AM
    I had a friend who wanted an idea of how fast the Swype (though I think they call it Word Sense?) keyboard was, so I made a short video to kinda showcase it.

(yes, I am quite the fan of Daft Punk)

The one thing I'm impressed most about with Word Sense is how it does really well with even REALLY pretty complex and uncommon words. Like it was able to recognize when I swiped "colloquialism" which sorta blew my mind given how often would someone use a word like that in a text message?
    04-23-2014 02:36 PM
    I had a friend who wanted an idea of how fast the Swype (though I think they call it Word Sense?) keyboard was, so I made a short video to kinda showcase it.

The one thing I'm impressed most about with Word Sense is how it does really well with even REALLY pretty complex and uncommon words. Like it was able to recognize when I swiped "colloquialism" which sorta blew my mind given how often would someone use a word like that in a text message?
    I believe it's called WordFlow. But yeah, it's pretty awesome how it recognizes words that you don't exactly expect it to get. I also like how sometimes I can totally mess up and it will still have an idea what I meant to type.
    04-23-2014 02:44 PM
    Dunno if anyone else gets this but I tend to find that it completes words prematurely, I guess when you lift your finger accidentally for a split second, then you have to backspace and do it again. This is my only gripe, aside from that works like a charm.
    04-23-2014 10:42 PM
    Every tieemm!
    04-23-2014 11:11 PM

Nicely done. I actually had a friend I was texting with ask me to slow down tonight lol
    04-24-2014 12:17 AM
    I have found that wordflow is the best new feature in 8.1. I have a 1520 and I can now write, email, text and blog to my hearts content. It took a few days of focus and a commitment to avoid the typing motion. I'm almost at 90% accurate where I would be closer to 50% with typing. There are now times I will swipe an entire paragraph and no corrections necessary. This makes the phone almost as accurate as a tablet. With the 1520 I now have the best of both worlds using word flow.
    05-03-2014 05:24 PM
    I don't think people understand what Word Flow is. People keep saying Word Flow is new, but it's not. WF is the text suggestions above the keyboard.
    For example.. The secrets of the Windows Phone 8 keyboard

What this thread refers to has 'swipe' keyboard is actually called Shape Writing. (as seen here: Shape-Writing Enhancements for Windows Phone - Microsoft Research )

And while i'm on the subject, Word Flow is awesome, LOVE IT. Shape Writing is ok, but I can type pretty fast with my thumbs. Often i'm not as fast with the Shape Writing.
    05-03-2014 05:33 PM
    Swype keyboard is one of my favorite new features on WP8.1

It surprises me how almost accurate it is.
    I try unusual words like "loquacious" and "ludicrous" and it gets it.

And it's really fun showing it to my iphone friends and friends who've never use Swype.

Haha!
    05-04-2014 03:59 AM
    I wish to. But when I want to type other language words in English script, the Pre-loaded words are definitely disturbing my flow. And I have a doubt.

How can I type a word having a letter twice consecutively like BETWEEN without using pre-loaded dictionary words. How can I stop there twice at the same time.

05-09-2014 11:45 AM
    Swype keyboard is one of my favorite new features on WP8.1

It surprises me how almost accurate it is.
    I try unusual words like "loquacious" and "ludicrous" and it gets it.

And it's really fun showing it to my iphone friends and friends who've never use Swype.

Haha!

I wish to. But when I want to type other language words in English script, the Pre-loaded words are definitely disturbing my flow. And I have a doubt.

How can I type a word having a letter twice consecutively like BETWEEN without using pre-loaded dictionary words. How can I stop there twice at the same time.
    05-09-2014 11:46 AM
182 ... 45678