Do you use the Swype Keyboard?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the swipe keyboard is punctuation. I wish there was an apostrophe on the keyboard so I could force the possessive or a contraction on some words. It guesses sometimes, but not on everything. If I could swipe over to an apostrophe and then continue I'd be much happier with that. Also, I feel like it'd be faster if instead of having to lift my finger per each word, if I could swipe down to the space bar and then swipe up to the next letter I'm using and have it parse that.

Still, for one-handed use, this is great. I still prefer to use my thumbs with each letter individually when I'm using both hands though.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Oh yes! This is one feature I sorely missed when I moved from the Galaxy S3 to Windows phone (HTC 8x at that time). Its the one feature in 8.1 that made me do the developer preview.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I find I am using Word Flow more and more.
I was the classic two thumb typist in landscape more. I thought the Word Flow style wasn't going to suit me. I gave it an honest try and am finding that I am getting used to it easier than I thought I would. Also, it seems better at predictive typing than the other method. I find that I don't need to type the full word as much and can rely on it to pick the proper word sooner.
It really does seem faster as well. To me, that's a huge improvement. Of course, I use Cortana to transcribe whenever I can and find she is actually VERY accurate simply listening to my voice.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes its amazing, when I forget to use it I make myself type it all over again just to get used to it. I also see Microsoft is write in starting to remember the patterns for words, and I can text without the teacher seeing me in class, hehe.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Something about the keyboard that really annoys me is the mode, look at it in Internet Explorer vs. Messaging. It doesn't fill the whole screen in IE.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
To capitalize a word in the middle of a sentence, tap it to highlight, then hit the shift key. Hit shift 2x for all CAPS.

Last edited:

ErR0rPr0n3

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, we know it is not the Swype keyboard, but one could make the argument that swype, while a brand name, has also become a plain old noun that covers this type of input.

Other examples of licensed brand names that are also now common accepted nouns: Kleenex, Crockpot, Band-Aid, Post-it....

Not everyone is like that (although I'll admit most people are) I use "tissue" unless it's actually a Kleenex, I own an actual CrockPot, use actual band-aids for boo-boos and bandages for things that are more severe (although the ones I have are also made by the same company) Its a pet peeve for me when someone asks for a Coke and they mean an orange soda just because they don't feel like saying 3 syllables (and yes I've known people like that) and then you need to have a conversation about which "Coke" they wanted rather than an actual Coke. In fact, those conversations where what drove me as a kid to be specific about what I'm asking for as much as I can... :)

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes.

I had always claimed I didn't like it, but when I remember to use it I have to say it's nice.

My main "problem" is that I type in two languages so if I get used to it and it will be annoying for the other language. :winktongue:

yeah, the two language is a problem, but i love it anyways, at least now i know i don't have to hold ENG to change it to ESP, i can just tap it. (i'm definetely deleting Portuguese -don't even remember why i have it. and either Espa?ol from espa?a or mexico)

I find myself trying to write numbers with swype, that's how it has changed my keyboard usage. i LOVE it. and i think "Duck u! piece of shirt" is quite fun.

ALSO i have added F*ck, you, sh*t and others to my spanish dictionary.

tumblr_mxaua9VEFy1qd8zg3o1_r1_500.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett