Do you use the Swype Keyboard?

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes.

I had always claimed I didn't like it, but when I remember to use it I have to say it's nice.

My main "problem" is that I type in two languages so if I get used to it and it will be annoying for the other language. :winktongue:

Download the keyboard for the other language and then it will support shapewriting if that language is supported.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
wow I thought I wouldn't get use to Swype but surprisingly it's really easy to use. I use it 90% of the time except some weird words I just type them since swipe doesn't recognize them

jive_inc

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi All, I like the accuracy of word flow but I am curious about using the space between words. My (limited) experience has been to release the screen when I want to "create" a space between words. I tried moving to the space bar to no avail. Is that how you are doing it or am I just not doing it correctly? Thank you!

Fizoto

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
See, all the people here using "Swype" instead of "Word Flow", is there a case for a lawsuit here because people can't seem to tell the difference? Heh.

In any case, I used SwiftKey when I used Android and that is without a doubt the one app I wished I could take with me when moving to WP. And now we have Word Flow. If we could just improve the word prediction juuuust a little, that'd be perfect!

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, I like the accuracy of word flow but I am curious about using the space between words. My (limited) experience has been to release the screen when I want to "create" a space between words. I tried moving to the space bar to no avail. Is that how you are doing it or am I just not doing it correctly? Thank you!
Hey, Word Flow automatically adds a space after each word. After you draw the word, draw your next word to continue typing your message.

Typed using Word Flow for WP 8.1.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Sliding through the space bar is Android only. It doesn't work on WP's keyboard. I actually don't use the space bar on Android. I think it's quicker to lift my thumb and go directly to the beginning letter of the next word.

rculver9056

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the swipe keyboard is punctuation. I wish there was an apostrophe on the keyboard so I could force the possessive or a contraction on some words. It guesses sometimes, but not on everything. If I could swipe over to an apostrophe and then continue I'd be much happier with that. Also, I feel like it'd be faster if instead of having to lift my finger per each word, if I could swipe down to the space bar and then swipe up to the next letter I'm using and have it parse that.

Still, for one-handed use, this is great. I still prefer to use my thumbs with each letter individually when I'm using both hands though.
You don't need to add the apostrophe, just type the word without it and it gets added.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
You don't need to add the apostrophe, just type the word without it and it gets added.

As I already said, "It guesses sometimes, but not on everything." It does work a lot of the time with contractions, but only about half the time on possessives. Example- if I'm talking about "my phone's keyboard" then not one of the suggestions is correct.

ItsMcDiddles

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been using it off and on since Monday. It's pretty neat, it's quick and easy to use. The only time o have a problem with it, is sometimes when I text it messes up words or gives me a completely different word than the one I wanted. It's also really hard to swear with it.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it off and on since Monday. It's pretty neat, it's quick and easy to use. The only time o have a problem with it, is sometimes when I text it messes up words or gives me a completely different word than the one I wanted. It's also really hard to swear with it.
Lol I was able to swear easily. I just had a need to use the f bomb repeatedly in a text message just now.

blackfire

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I do use it. Mostly when typing with one hand. At first I was slow because I would be checking every word, but then noticed it is very accurate. Very nice implementation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs