Do you use the Swype Keyboard?

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I really dont find my self using the Word Flow Keyboard I tend to write faster without it.

Last edited:

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I am using it constantly it is so smart that you don't even have to be close and it will get your word right almost all the time.

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
it's something i started off not using because i forgot it was there and when i tried using it i was very clunky with it.

four days in though and i use it non stop and am getting faster all the time. i now write quicker using it than i do tapping the keys.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I definitely get sentences done faster. Two finger pecking seems faster because of all the action that happens but shapewriting is faster IMO for mobile.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes.

I had always claimed I didn't like it, but when I remember to use it I have to say it's nice.

My main "problem" is that I type in two languages so if I get used to it and it will be annoying for the other language. :winktongue:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If you mean Word Flow then yes I use it. There are times when I don't remember I now have it and when I clue it, I'm all over it. I like it and it is one of the few things I missed and now one less reason to return to android.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
If you mean Word Flow then yes I use it. There are times when I don't remember I now have it and when I clue it, I'm all over it. I like it and it is one of the few things I missed and now one less reason to return to android.

Agreed. The title of the thread is wrong. This is not the Swype keyboard.

It is indeed a keyboard in which you can swipe. :D :)

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I use it and love it ...when I remember to use it. It's still a completely new thing to me, so I keep forgetting it's there.

Not much, and there isn't option to turn it off..i didnt find. i mess up sometimes typing

There is a way to turn it off, it's just buried a bit:

Settings -> Keyboard -> English (United States) [adjust that part to the your keyboard]

The bottom tickbox is "Type as I swipe through letters"

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes, we know it is not the Swype keyboard, but one could make the argument that swype, while a brand name, has also become a plain old noun that covers this type of input.

Other examples of licensed brand names that are also now common accepted nouns: Kleenex, Crockpot, Band-Aid, Post-it....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb