Camera Problems on Windows Phone 8.1

Shahar28

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
There are 2 main problems with the camera:

1. for some reason the camera flash starts working after the picture was taken. The flash turns on for two seconds and then off after every picture taken. when using a different camera app (CamFish, Cam360) there is no problem with the flash.

2. When choosing burst mode, after a few times the camera stops working and gives a black screen when you enter the camera app, and you must restart your phone to get the camera working again.

Tried with 3 different Ativ S phones, same problems on each phone. Also did a hard reset, did not help.

peterfares

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Which version of ativ s do you guys have? T899m or i8750?

My t899m camera still isn't working right. I'm not sure if the extra settings was updated as I have auto update turned on. It doesn't appear in my download history. I tried the camera and it took many more tries to get it to fail but it still broke after switching to video about 6 times. Flash also still goes off after a picture is taken.

Is this the extra settings app you have?
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/s...875f3-f379-4b81-ac6f-29ce06ff2daa?signin=true
That's the one I have. Hasn't been updated in 8 months.

Last edited:

Maglor1981

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
was quick to respond. I have i8750 and that update only solved the flash problem. switching from camera to video and then back again to camera, freezes the camera and needs to close the device. Guess its a firmware problem that samsung should address.

OST_NeoX

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have biggest problem. My camera isn't working at all. Updated from Oficial GDR3 to Dev Peview with no camera (hangs at start), back to GDR2/ATO with back camera working but front camera hangs, going again to 8.1 updating from GDR3 and camera freezes again. I've made a basic camera app in Vs2013 update 2 with 8.1 SDK and i get a camera dll error in debugger.

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

OST_NeoX

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
More... At first update i got empty fields at systen information in radio hw/sw fields. Now, I get this fields with version, but I think is the same of another i8750 with 8.1 dev preview. Later i will post my system information data (Operator is the only blank field I have). Can anyone post the data to compare? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Spain.

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

Stark#WP

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
My camera is still acting weird. Extra flash after the photo has been taken and some blackouts of the camera...
Also i am missing quite a few features from Windows 8.1 such as quite hours and options on the shorcuts in the action center? any news on that?
Also no Cortana, but limited by regi?n :(.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
T899m here. Camera still has bug even after hard reset. This is a known issue. We just have to wait until firmware update. Mine works ok unless I change settings or switch to video mode.

Juan Carlos Pena

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
i have a lumia 920 and my flash stop working after the 8.1 second update. i reset it, open the flashlight app and nothing. Is there is any body with the same issue ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb