Video playback

Judas20

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Both my Lumia 520 and 920 are dropping a lot of frames when playing 1080p videos ever since I installed to WP 8.1 dev preview. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Also the games hub doesn't work wp_ss_20140417_0001.png wp_ss_20140417_0002.png

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what the video playback issue is. Likely related to a problem with new hardware accelerated video encoding. Not sure what can be done to solve it, other than a soft reset or a hard reset is desperate enough. But even then, I really can't guarantee this will address it. Care to share where the video is from? What app you're using?

And yes, games hub sucks. Just with music, it's no longer a part of the OS, and is now store updateable. Seems ridiculous, as I'm not sure what major features they need to add overnight, and now it's entirely unoptimized and buggy. You can see it has a really low rating in the store. Thankfully, now that it's store updateable, they can quickly release a patch the moment it's available. So hopefully they get on that soon, because games hub (and music... and videos...) all SUCK right now. Happy with 8.1 overall, but these three hubs are the bane of my existence right now.

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Both my Lumia 520 and 920 are dropping a lot of frames when playing 1080p videos ever since I installed to WP 8.1 dev preview. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Post in Developer Preview section of Forums to get a quick reply. Also this thread deserves to be in that section. I have the same problem. Even 3GP videos are stuttering. Though HD videos play like a charm. Full HD not at all. Looks like there is an issue with Hardware Acceleration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre