I saw the article on how to get Cortana outside the U.S. and I did what he said, but no Cortana. I tried again 10 times and STILL no Cortana. I have an HTC 8S. If HTC won't let us get Cortana outside the U.S., then HTC blows. HTC is the worst for Windows Phone 8.1! I'd rather go for a Nokia!
    04-17-2014 11:31 AM
    I saw the article on how to get Cortana outside the U.S. and I did what he said, but no Cortana. I tried again 10 times and STILL no Cortana. I have an HTC 8S. If HTC won't let us get Cortana outside the U.S., then HTC blows. HTC is the worst for Windows Phone 8.1! I'd rather go for a Nokia!
    Hey bro, check this out. Do it in the order as I tell. DO NOT SKIP steps.

1. Get dev preview. (Some humour, eh! )
    2. Go to Settings>Region and set first option to English US and let the second option be "match phone language". REBOOT.
    3. Go to Settings>Language and set English US. REBOOT.
    4. Now check your app list for Cortana. If still not there, try 5.
    5. Go to Settings>Speech and turn speech recog. services on. REBOOT.

I hope you get to enjoy her and she makes your life easy.
    04-17-2014 08:06 PM
    @Ashar. This doesn't work for me. Tried different permutations of these steps, but no luck. Have you seen this work on an HTC 8S? Any other suggestions?
    04-19-2014 02:23 PM
    Hey guys.. Most htc users seem to be reporting partial success with 8.1... This doesn't help, but at least you're not alone :)
    04-19-2014 02:27 PM
    @Ashar. This doesn't work for me. Tried different permutations of these steps, but no luck. Have you seen this work on an HTC 8S? Any other suggestions?
    I can't think of any reason why it would not work with htc devices. Try posting into the htc 8s forum asking the same question, maybe they will be able to tell you. Or bing for videos of cortana on htc8s. I will try to find out about it though.
    04-19-2014 03:30 PM
    I found this http://forums.windowscentral.com/cor...x-cortana.html

So unfortunately for HTC users, Cortana will be missed and too just because of some illogical decision by the company to not include English US in non-US manufactured phones.
    ven07 likes this.
    04-19-2014 03:35 PM
    You did not have Cortana because WP8.1 will be released for HTC phones end of this summers. When I changed my region, language and speech language to US, I had 3 different updates related to to get Cortana on my LUMIA 1520. I suggest you forget about it. Current version of Cortana doesn't understand me and takes me to different search results or commands. On 2nd April, in the developer day, Microsoft said all LUMIA devices running WP8 will get WP8.1 update in order to regions. (US will get first, then UK and Germany and Asian countries and rest of World) i did hear anything about HTC devices.
    05-01-2014 01:20 PM