Is your IE running in the background?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I have the same phone - 920. Both upgraded not clean install. I have the option. She doesn't.

The only difference is I had the GDR3 preview and she only has had this preview.

tomcox76

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I have the same phone - 920. Both upgraded not clean install. I have the option. She doesn't.

The only difference is I had the GDR3 preview and she only has had this preview.

unfortunately I don't think that is the issue. I put the GDR3 preview on 2 920's my wife's and my own. Neither one of us can toggle the IE off

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Now I can disable it. (Before I couldn't, L920 from AT&T currently AIO).

I didn't really change anything for it to become available. I'm going to let it be.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what timeframe "recent battery usage" means? 6hrs, 12hrs, 24hrs, etc... ?

First time I checked browser battery usage, it was super low, so I left background usage on. Last night I had alot of battery drain and browser was the top battery usage. I didn't use my browser a ton lately, mainly Apps.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Weird. I toggled them off but I still don't have the option to disable it. Maybe it's just not running in the background in my phone.
Yeah, that didn't work for me either. I already had all the syncing options disabled. I tried toggling it on and off. No change. Oh well, it's not really an issue, just weird.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Even though I don't have the option doing this,it has stopped IE running in the background,and that is more important to me than just having a switch for it .

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I check battery sense, IE is on top, almost 50% of the usage... is it because it runs in the background?

I have a T-Mobile 925, and I have upgraded too, no hard reset, but I have the option.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have the option at all, till I tried to run Internet Explorer in the background. Try going to html5.grooveshark.com (for example) and playing something and using the start, or multi-tasking selector and see if it then appears. It seems the option doesn't appear unless a background task is initiated by the application? Not sure.

tomcox76

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have the option at all, till I tried to run Internet Explorer in the background. Try going to html5.grooveshark.com (for example) and playing something and using the start, or multi-tasking selector and see if it then appears. It seems the option doesn't appear unless a background task is initiated by the application? Not sure.

Thanks man I tried this and it worked... I now have the ability to turn it on and off. I wonder why it works like this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos