Facebook beta not working with people hub

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
No , Facebook beta isn't designed to work with people hub in wp8.1 (May be in future updates they will add the support ) but as of now only the stable version of Facebook is allowed to access people hub ( and Newley released twitter beta app).

RokasLTU

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Strangly, I can't even add a stable Facebook version to People hub.

It says that I need to install a Facebook app first, but I have it installed.

Does anybody have this problem?

Last edited:

Neil Hinkle

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
If you have the beta installed, try uninstalling both it and the regular one. Then reinstall the regular one. I've heard that fixes it.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
when you say Facebook does not sync with people hub, do you mean that it doesn't give u timeline updates? I have FB Beta installed but people still shows me timeline updates

RokasLTU

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
No, I want to import contacts from Facebook and to do that I need to install Facebook app. But I have it installed already!

Deleting and installing it again does not help!

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I would uninstall all facebook apps, restart, and the install from the phone prompt when going to the people hub.

If you already tried that then never mind. :p

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Well now I am stumped. If it doesn't work after a hard reset I am left with no clue.

The back up should be automatic when you connect your phone to your Microsoft account.... Or at least that's what I believed.

RokasLTU

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok, now there is a real problem:

After hard reseting my phone I skipped the login to MS account so I hard reseted once more.

After spining gears Nokia logo showed up and nothing more. Previous time after Nokia logo, there was blue WP logo, but now the phone have frozen up and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Try to hold down power and volume to reset, or use the Nokia Software Tool for retail.

As for the facebook app, make sure to use the regular all and go to settings, there should be an option to sync the app with your phone. That should also be the first prompt when you first use the app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk