Official WP 8.1 release for Verizon?

sheldonch

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know when the official release of WP 8.1 will be for Verizon? I downloaded the preview for my 520, but I haven't for my Icon, and seeing how some people are experiencing issues
with it on their Icon, i'd like to wait for the official release. But yeah, any dates? or rumors even?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It is time to start thinking about this. Particularly with Nokia's Cyan firmware attached. Maybe some of our Verizon insiders could be helpful here?

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Just install the developers preview. Word is MS will be releasing regular updates/fixes. Why wait for Verizon, they suck at timely o/s update for all of their phones.

Yes there are some issues with 8.1 on the Icon (power button/wifi), but they are worth the grief and hopefully MS will fix them quickly.

jscott1026

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I have not noticed anything earth shatteringly wrong on my Icon since i downloaded the Developers 8.1. I would not wait for the official release.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
The only reason to wait is for firmware patching, i.e., maybe we'll get double tap/glance or some other firmware update that is carrier specific, like having the ability to turn off the LTE radio (to conserve battery)

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
The only reason to wait is for firmware patching, i.e., maybe we'll get double tap/glance or some other firmware update that is carrier specific, like having the ability to turn off the LTE radio (to conserve battery)

Glance is never coming to the Icon as it doesn't have the ability.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
My wifi and cellular signals are pretty poor, my power button doesn't always work and my battery is pretty horrendous now (not that it was ever phenomenal). That said, I am still happy I updated, but they need to get this fixed before they roll the cyan update out and, given the number of problems and other things they are supposed to add (Miracast, etc), this may take a while

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I love it! Only issue I've had is every now and a great then my power button won't turn on screen so I use the cameras button to wake. The power button issue has only happened a few times since day one install. And when I realize how manner times a day I wake my phone and its happened may 5 times it's not that big a deal. It would be different if it was happening every few times. All other issues haven't experienced. I did hard reset after install

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely no issues on my Icon. My idle battery life has improved over time since the release: ~1.5% per hour. I am quite pleased with the developer preview, but I have advised my WP owning friends to wait until the official release. Lower risk of something being wrong and it'll come with the accompanying Nokia Firmware. Much better user experience for non-enthusiast users.

~Ex

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Glance is never coming to the Icon as it doesn't have the ability.

Nokia are trying to figure out ways around it, but yea, don't hold your breath.

As for the OP, the answer is "when it's ready." You'll never get a firm date until it's just around the corner. "Summer" is a safe bet.

And to echo the previous, I updated my Icon and my gfs 928, and no big issues. Loving it.

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I had massive battery drain and overheating issues the first 2-3 days, but after tweaking numerous settings I can get through a day of moderate use with 30-35% of the battery left. The new features are amazing and I wouldn't even consider rolling back (if I even could) to get a little more battery life.

Notification center, Cortana, swipe keyboard and even better integration with my car's MS Sync system. I finally feel like WP has caught up with Apple/Android and made this contest about nothing more than preference.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I had massive battery drain and overheating issues the first 2-3 days, but after tweaking numerous settings I can get through a day of moderate use with 30-35% of the battery left. The new features are amazing and I wouldn't even consider rolling back (if I even could) to get a little more battery life.

Notification center, Cortana, swipe keyboard and even better integration with my car's MS Sync system. I finally feel like WP has caught up with Apple/Android and made this contest about nothing more than preference.
I had the same problems all last week then finale just decided to roll back and install 8.0, update to 8.1 and then hard reset before restoring from backup. This is Windows after all...

Phone works great now with the exception of the signal strength being pretty poor overall, with Wi-Fi terrible

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte