IE 11 (WP 8.1) vs. Google Chrome.(Android)

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to open the site which I have given you?
And
Try that in Chrome too.

Then tell how that go in IE 11 ?

End user doesn't care html5,javascipt.
It is as simple as that it works on chrome but not in IE. This is how I judge.

If you know any site that work on IE but not on chrome then share here.

wp_ss_20140421_0002_zpsc5b143a0.jpg

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just disappointed with IE11's browsing speed.

I have both of nexus 5 and lumia 1520. They have almost same CPU(snapdragon 800 processor) and ram(2GB) so i though they would show similar browsing speed at least.

But chrome beta running on nexus 5 is way faster than IE11 on lumia 1520.

There's huge gap between them.

And how's new swipe back in IE 11. Even if you swiped back, screen is just showing gray scaled page for 0.5 sec till you can actually browse the page which is so annoying.

It cannot be compared to swipeback of safari(iphone) or qq browser(android) at all.

And yeah, i know it's just developer preview not for general users so just hope IE 11 got better till release of WP 8.1 rtm.

Do a multi touch HTML5 in Chrome using this website or any other ExploreTouch.ie

gmlongo

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
> It's 2014
> Pop-up windows

I lol'd.

This. If it was 2004, maybe you'd have a point, but in 2014 pop-up windows are rarely used for site functionality any more. One of the main reasons being that a popup presents terrible usability on mobile devices such as phones and tablets.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Now if that site doesn't work means it's crappy.lol!

But why does it work on Chrome?
Isn't this make IE crappy not the site?

Well no, these file sharing sites tend to badly abuse javascript and flash. It could be that your site relies on flash, hence why it isn't working in IE, or it could be that IE is blocking a malicious cookie or script, and the site isn't giving you the file because IE rejected the tracking cookie...

It's not necessarily a bad thing that IE is having trouble with sketchy sites. This is all speculation as I don't really feel like going to that site, but I have an elaborate security setup with my desktop firefox and I find that a lot of those file sharing sites are riddled with tracking cookies and scripts and etc and many of the sites just don't give me the file seemingly out of spite for my security having disabled their crap...

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Now if that site doesn't work means it's crappy.lol!

But why does it work on Chrome?
Isn't this make IE crappy not the site?

Lets go back and time and get a redo. This time when the website loads in IE 6 and not in Firefox we will interpret it as Firefox being crappy, and not the website that doesn't support standards.
That would make for an interesting alternate reality.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
By the way, is anyone able to smoothly browse this slideshow: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/golf-masters/2014-04/19-bubba-watson-photos#slide=1

Trying to view that on my Lumia 521 is a struggle. The first slide shows ok, but it gets slower and shower with each one. I pinch to zoom on the page, and when moving the viewable area it just blanks for many seconds at a time before redrawing. When I got to slide #10, IE just crashed. I started it up shaping, on slide #10, but on slide #17 I have up because it was just so slow to redraw the page.

I think IE11 has a serious memory leak problem...

EDIT: Posted this in the wrong thread, but I'll leave it here anyway. It's somewhat related. :)

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I have two midrange to low end phones that i use. HTC 8S (my daily driver) and Samsung Galaxy Ace 3. While Chrome is a browser with hell of a lot more features than IE, i find it very irritating to use. Whoever says chrome doesn't lag is a liar (in a way). IE is a joy to use compared to the chrome browser on the ace 3 (ace 3 has 1GB of RAM, and a 1.2 GHz Krait dual core CPU). The experience is not even comparable. My HTC is underpowered compared to ACE 3 but browsing the web is a LOT smoother and faster on IE.
The only thing where Chrome outshines IE is website compabilty. For example try going to Watch the Best in Online Video Web Series for Free | Blip. IE can't even load the videos on that site, while chrome is having no problems whatsoever. I was hoping that this will be fixed in the new version, but it's not. Even with WP 8.1 I still can't play those videos.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Well no, these file sharing sites tend to badly abuse javascript and flash. It could be that your site relies on flash, hence why it isn't working in IE, or it could be that IE is blocking a malicious cookie or script, and the site isn't giving you the file because IE rejected the tracking cookie...

It's not necessarily a bad thing that IE is having trouble with sketchy sites. This is all speculation as I don't really feel like going to that site, but I have an elaborate security setup with my desktop firefox and I find that a lot of those file sharing sites are riddled with tracking cookies and scripts and etc and many of the sites just don't give me the file seemingly out of spite for my security having disabled their crap...

or may be it's the other way around .....Site is totally OK but IE have poor Javascript and HTML5 support which are below standards.
That is why it can't able to open that sites.

Anyway it's a proof that Chrome is more superior than IE.
I find it Chrome faster and more smoother than IE.
Anyone who is saying Chrome lag is lying.

4 years and WP developers still not able to build a proper download manager in IE.

another limitation of WP is that downloading is still a pain. Simply not as good as in Android.(don't know about iOS)

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
or may be it's the other way around .....Site is totally OK but IE have poor Javascript and HTML5 support which are below standards.

4 years and WP developers still not able to build a proper download manager in IE.

another limitation of WP is that downloading is still a pain. Simply not as good as in Android.(don't know about iOS)

Can you do a file pick to upload a picture in a website using Chrome Mobile? (Upload via Browser)

upload-file-via-browser-windows-phone-8-1.png

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

"proof"

I'm fairly sure most browsers are up to standards- the best you can say is chrome might have more tolerance for terribly coded sites. Also, that's an obscure, sketchy file sharing site. Stop defending it as some holy grail of benchmarking perfection; it's more likely that IE is actively filtering components of the site for the sake of your privacy.

/donewiththisthread

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
"proof"

I'm fairly sure most browsers are up to standards- the best you can say is chrome might have more tolerance for terribly coded sites. Also, that's an obscure, sketchy file sharing site. Stop defending it as some holy grail of benchmarking perfection; it's more likely that IE is actively filtering components of the site for the sake of your privacy.

/donewiththisthread

I think you should stop defending IE and where it lacks. and also stop bringing excuses like site isn't good.(terribly coded)
it's the browser that isn't good not the site. Site is totally fine.
it's the typical response from strong supporter of WP.
When their is something which WP can't do and not available on WP ....then they say who need it? it's bad and who cares?

A way back when WP8 was released I commented that it would be better if we have Notification and that time most of WP user are telling notification isn't good. Tiles are better for notification than a notification center.
You are just behaving like those users.
Try to be a little professional here.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs