IE 11 (WP 8.1) vs. Google Chrome.(Android)

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
or may be it's the other way around .....Site is totally OK but IE have poor Javascript and HTML5 support which are below standards.
That is why it can't able to open that sites.

Anyway it's a proof that Chrome is more superior than IE.
I find it Chrome faster and more smoother than IE.
Anyone who is saying Chrome lag is lying.

4 years and WP developers still not able to build a proper download manager in IE.

another limitation of WP is that downloading is still a pain. Simply not as good as in Android.(don't know about iOS)

If that site requires you to open a separated windows popup just to do a main feature of site, then that site isn't OK. Actually, that site is absolutely trash IMO.
And then, don't act as if HTML5 is already a standard. It's still trying to be a standard, but not yet :)

I say Chrome is lag :) even on my Lappy, the memory overflow issue happens a lot to me compare to either FF or IE.
I say Chrome is PoS on iOS, try to use it and you won't doubt about it anymore... Completely PoS.
I say Chrome on Android is lag as well, but fortunately, it's better than on PC or iOS. Still lag :)

Am I lying? How do you know? Because I'm bashing Chrome rather than compliment it?

As a web developer, heck, I love Chrome and FF and hate IE too much =)) since Chrome and FF act so forgiveful to my JS and HTML that I don't even care about follow W3C syntax anymore. Still remember the day when I's still studying, my project could work flawlessly on Chrome and FF but stuck on IE and that decrease my grade. I hated IE so much until I found out that before I missplaced a single ";". Now I careful place ";" in every JS. Being spoiled is good, very good feeling, but that doesn't mean you can keep being spoiled. Obeying the rules and you will be fine with IE (this is to the nonsense hatred toward IE nowadays)

P.S: Don't hate me :)) I agree with you about the download manager and file manager (Well, file manage isn't that necessary with a phone IMO)

Last edited:

chocka

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think you should stop defending IE and where it lacks. and also stop bringing excuses like site isn't good.(terribly coded)
it's the browser that isn't good not the site. Site is totally fine.
it's the typical response from strong supporter of WP.
When their is something which WP can't do and not available on WP ....then they say who need it? it's bad and who cares?

A way back when WP8 was released I commented that it would be better if we have Notification and that time most of WP user are telling notification isn't good. Tiles are better for notification than a notification center.
You are just behaving like those users.
Try to be a little professional here.
Funny. Yesterday me and friend who has lg g2 opened theverge.com. My 1520 loaded in few secs. His chrome browser was loading and loading ... we decided the site has a problem :)
All browsers have their own quirks

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Funny. Yesterday me and friend who has lg g2 opened theverge.com. My 1520 loaded in few secs. His chrome browser was loading and loading ... we decided the site has a problem :)
All browsers have their own quirks

Well, I tried my brother Note 2 phone - no problem with theverge.com.
But I believe you because it also happen in WP too or can happen with any other browser.

But the problem I am talking about is permanent problem. You can open it now or you can open it tomorrow result will be the same with WP.
You can either use L520 or L1520 - even then result will be the same.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Weird. My Moto X couldn't load theverge.com correctly either. It works on IE. Maybe they're just having technical problems.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Weird. My Moto X couldn't load theverge.com correctly either. It works on IE. Maybe they're just having technical problems.

They are. Tried it on my iMac and my RAZR M, the site is a little slow and the comment count is off.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
LOL!
I just theverge.com on my L620. It take like forever to load and just loading the site two times make the phone very hot.

Just notice one more drawback.

Scrolling is better and more enjoyable on Chorme than IE.
Anyone can confirm that.

chocka

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
LOL!
I just theverge.com on my L620. It take like forever to load and just loading the site two times make the phone very hot.

Anyone can confirm that.
My friend with lg g2 was saying that the scrolling is choppy for web sites like verge, nytimes etc. And we found that his phone has another weird problem. His browser switches to mobile mode every time he opens the browser. He had to set it to desktop mode and then load the page again. We tried various web sites and ie11 always loads the page faster. My friend acknowledged it.
I think ie11 is good. Until there is a good and neutral comparison between the browsers, we cannot settle this argument. You cannot pick just one website and say that it is not working in ie11 therefore it is bad.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My friend with lg g2 was saying that the scrolling is choppy for web sites like verge, nytimes etc. And we found that his phone has another weird problem. His browser switches to mobile mode every time he opens the browser. He had to set it to desktop mode and then load the page again. We tried various web sites and ie11 always loads the page faster. My friend acknowledged it.
I think ie11 is good. Until there is a good and neutral comparison between the browsers, we cannot settle this argument. You cannot pick just one website and say that it is not working in ie11 therefore it is bad.

Chrome had been like that with desktop mode. If you enable it, you have to reload the website most of the time. And then desktop mode only works on the tab you enabled it on and Chrome forgets you enabled desktop mode when you quit the app.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
LOL!

Anyone can confirm that.

3 seconds in my 920

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the point of threads like this. Maybe Chrome is better than IE. Maybe it isn't. So what? If it is, is it enough for someone to jump ship and go with Android? BOTH operating systems have their pros and cons. Those pros and cons can be subjective depending on the user. If you aren't happy with WP, then go to Android. It seems like this whole thread was made to try to convince people that Android is better. You're in a WP forum. It's not going to happen. Same would be true if I went to Android Central forums to convince people WP is better based on some random feature.

People use what they like. If they don't, they move on to other things. My wife LOVES her Nexus and would NEVER jump to WP. I on the other hand like the Nexus, but would never go back to Android for entirely different reasons. If you're so in love with Chrome and this alone outshines any other pros WP may have, THEN GO WITH ANDROID. End of story. All this back and forth about which browser is better really is a moot point. Most people can live with whatever shortcomings WP may or may not have to still stick with it. Same goes with Android. I personally have never had any problems with IE and I find it fast and smooth. Faster and smoother than Chrome? I don't know and I don't care. I love WP and every other aspect of the OS enough to stick with it.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone able to log into foxnews.com (to make comments) from their IE11 browser, using an external login such as FB or Google+? It's impossible to do, from what I can tell, since they use a popup. Very annoying. Only one of many popular sites that don't work in IE11 for me. I don't really care who's fault it is, I doubt they will redesign their sites for IE11, so MS needs to figure these things out.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
If that the case Android never reach 80% market share. That means what you said is wrong.
I think Android is a great OS and very fast and fluid(based on experience on Moto G, Samsung Galaxy Note 2)
In a speed test with my friends phone Moto G beat L1520(WP8) in basic function. You can test it.

and Google Chrome is a very good browser because it's fast, fluid and do much more than what an IE can do.

If you didn't notice all WP is doing is to catch up with Android.

Then why is Dolphin Browser one of the most popular downloads on Android at the moment?

rQvsnaps

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
To me its all about browsing experience, very simply put "framerate is everying" (Yep I'm old enough to remember that quote... :))
Responsiveness is key, and thats where IE shines

I remember trying a big bunch of different browsers on android and finally sticking with dolphin, which was a big improvement but still lagging when zooming or scrolling - on a quad 1,9 ghz equipped galaxy s4 - even tried a S5 today, same result...

IE is just flying on my much less potent 1020, and even on 620 and 625 which I also tested.
It has its shortcomings regarding features, but I dont find myself checking the store for alternatives every day like I while on android.

chocka

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone able to log into foxnews.com (to make comments) from their IE11 browser, using an external login such as FB or Google+? It's impossible to do, from what I can tell, since they use a popup. Very annoying. Only one of many popular sites that don't work in IE11 for me. I don't really care who's fault it is, I doubt they will redesign their sites for IE11, so MS needs to figure these things out.
I was able to.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Yes... temporary_zps66aaede9.png

I'm done with this post. I'm coming back when you show me Chrome working with a multi touch html5 application like this

and create live tiles using the sites that you pin to the desktop

You can create you own here

http://www.buildmypinnedsite.com/en

Ping me back when you meet all those requirements with Chrome

Also you can do a Scan using this website and it will tell you all bad coding in it.

http://www.modern.ie/en-us

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if that's me you're talking to, but I don't care about Chrome. So it's probably someone else. :)

The screenshot you showed is for signing up with a Fox News account. I could do that too (at least get to that screen, which is NOT a popup, it's an overlay on the existing page). What I asked about was signing in with an external account such as FB or Google+. Has anyone managed to do that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon