Sound pop

James Thacker

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
It happens with my Lumia 521 on WP8 every time I am streaming something. When it is a file downloaded onto the phone the pop sound doesn't happen. It only happens when streaming music/video.

James Thacker

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Coming from both iOS and Android this is just one more little problem with the WP platform. I see so much potential with it, and actually prefer the tiles to what Android and iOS have, but it just seems Microsoft is moving way too slow in both fixing bugs and catching up feature wise. 8.1 seems like a great update however they need to be releasing these much faster than they currently are.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, just posted that to MS community regarding this matter, if you have the same problem, please click on
'Had this question
Me Too'

Link: Minor issue with audio/video fast forward/backward popping - Microsoft Community

Let MS hear our voice! Thanks!

They have to know already - anybody who's touched fast-forward on a streaming video has heard this pop (as others have said, even with the volume at zero). This isn't some obscure combination of use cases that it was possible to overlook - it's just a big fat bug.

The Youtube clip that @rotkod posted claims that this happens on a Lumia 925 w/ Cyan - which would suggest that it's not just a Developers' Preview issue, which would be sad. Can anyone confirm that?

Kesasa

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
They have to know already - anybody who's touched fast-forward on a streaming video has heard this pop (as others have said, even with the volume at zero). This isn't some obscure combination of use cases that it was possible to overlook - it's just a big fat bug.

The Youtube clip that rotkod posted claims that this happens on a Lumia 925 w/ Cyan - which would suggest that it's not just a Developers' Preview issue, which would be sad. Can anyone confirm that?

I am not so sure they are in complete knowledge of the issue however hard that may be to believe. I tweeted them WinPhoneSupport this morning and all they asked was for my OS and what I've tried so far to fix it. I replied that i hard reset and soft reset and that it only happens on 8.1 cyan whether it has DP or it doesn't have it. Windows 8.0 never had this problem

11 hours later and no response.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I am not so sure they are in complete knowledge of the issue however hard that may be to believe. I tweeted them WinPhoneSupport this morning and all they asked was for my OS and what I've tried so far to fix it. I replied that i hard reset and soft reset and that it only happens on 8.1 cyan whether it has DP or it doesn't have it. Windows 8.0 never had this problem

11 hours later and no response.

It seems to be the policy of a LOT of software developers to only acknowledge bugs in the past tense. My bet is that eventually an OS changelog will say something like, "fixed issue where in rare circumstances some users would hear a tiny noise etc...."

Support (and this isn't just WP support, it's ANY support for any product) often works this way - if they know about your problem AND can help you fix it, or tell you when the fix will come, they will; but otherwise, it's like you're the first person in the Universe this weird mysterious fluke has ever happened to, wow, how strange...

socalgunner

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
It seems to be the policy of a LOT of software developers to only acknowledge bugs in the past tense. My bet is that eventually an OS changelog will say something like, "fixed issue where in rare circumstances some users would hear a tiny noise etc...."

Support (and this isn't just WP support, it's ANY support for any product) often works this way - if they know about your problem AND can help you fix it, or tell you when the fix will come, they will; but otherwise, it's like you're the first person in the Universe this weird mysterious fluke has ever happened to, wow, how strange...

Yes like when Apple told my girlfriend that they had NEVER heard of the bluetooth/wifi issue with the Iphone 4s... The one that had NUMEROUS threads, hundreds of posts and hundreds of thousands of page views on their own website/forum. They swore up and down they had never heard of the issue and were confused as to why anyone would use a hair dryer and freezer on their Iphone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro