Sound pop

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi All, just wondering if anyone else has noticed a popping sound when you press the skip forward key while watching videos in IE11. Since I updated my 1020,I have noticed this. It doesn't happen all the time and not for every video.

Apologies if there is already a post regarding this.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have noticed that on my 720 too, it's not too annoying but it should be fixed, because people who come from Android or iOS will think that their phone 📞 is broken...

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the same when skipping forward while using Metrotube too. It still happens when the Media + Apps volume is muted as well. (Lumia 925)

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, at least I'm not going crazy.i thought I was the only one as no over else mentioned it in the forum. I wonder what the cause could be? Did the audio API change? Or is it because scrubbing is now supported but apps don't know to handle it yet?

ks_yeoh

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine too makes that popping sound when skip forward music player and metrotube. I taught Nokia Care did something to speaker since my phone just returned from service. Now, I can breath a bit.

amd lover

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, at least I'm not going crazy.i thought I was the only one as no over else mentioned it in the forum. I wonder what the cause could be? Did the audio API change? Or is it because scrubbing is now supported but apps don't know to handle it yet?

No my Lumia 822 does it with HTML videos however when it comes across a newer HTML 5 video that IE 11 is optimized for it doesnt make any noises.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's weird - especially since it seems completely unrelated to any volume settings (i.e., it still happens when both volume sliders are set to zero, and the "pop" doesn't get louder when you increase the volume.)

Another obvious thing I was surprised to not see fixed in the DP update (the other obvious thing was the noise between audio tracks in every music app).

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Interesting thing to note, in moliplayer the pops are abundant when seeking through a video, HOWEVER if you swap from Hardware acceleration to Software acceleration, the pops vanish!

I'm not sure what to make of that.

Rob Bushell

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
yep, lumia 920 dev. preview latest update (8.1) still has this issue.

every time you skip forward in video, even in all video playing apps (that I have tried, get.them.all - khan academy) there is a nasty snap/pop through phone speakers even with volume at 0 the click is there, each skip..
but when I am connected with bluetooth head phones (nokia bh-505, and sonixx) it does not happen. not tried the wired headphones yet.

I'm worried that it will damage the speakers.
its a very harsh thing for such small drivers.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
yep, lumia 920 dev. preview latest update (8.1) still has this issue.

every time you skip forward in video, even in all video playing apps (that I have tried, get.them.all - khan academy) there is a nasty snap/pop through phone speakers even with volume at 0 the click is there, each skip..
but when I am connected with bluetooth head phones (nokia bh-505, and sonixx) it does not happen. not tried the wired headphones yet.

I'm worried that it will damage the speakers.
its a very harsh thing for such small drivers.

Yeah - it's surprisingly loud - it almost sounds like a mechanical noise (though I know there are no moving parts in my phone big enough to make that much noise :))

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
There is definitely some media element/audio issues with WP 8.1. I have a notification sounds download app that adds a slight sound to the end of each sound when playing them within the app. The odd thing is if you save the sound as a ringtone/notification tone the odd sound is gone.

I had at least one user tell me the problem doesn't occur when using WP 8, so it seems to be a definite 8.1 issue.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/tonality/7ac59477-9b21-41a7-9433-9f9f602e8f77

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234