Huge Amazon device sale! Shop all the discounts now

05-13-2014 07:24 AM
37 12
tools
    There was a talk of having the option to reply to mails with attachments and by that not just photos, but docs, pdf etc. via a file picker. I can't seem to figure that out, probably because it's not there. Can anybody confirm this?
    04-20-2014 03:05 AM
    i really miss the tickbox in sound setting panel...for instance i am expecting an important mail or call and don't want to be disturbed by all my other notifications...like Fb,Fb messenger,Whatsapp and so on...i made a thread about this,but it looks like i was the single one on the planet Earth using this feature :))notifications_en.png
    http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...unchecking-a-t
    Last edited by mariusfilip; 04-20-2014 at 05:16 AM.
    04-20-2014 04:33 AM
    i really miss the tickbox in sound setting panel...for instance i am expecting an important mail or call and don't want to be disturbed by all my other notifications...like Fb,Fb messenger,Whatsapp and so on...i made a thread about this,but it looks like i was the single one on the planet Earth using this feature :))Click image for larger version. 

Name:	notifications_en.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	63811
    turn off all notification sounds by unchecking a tickbox in sound settings,like in wp 8.0 (wp 8.1 developer preview) – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    go to settings > notification + quick settings > choose the apps you want to disable sound, click on sound from (default) to (none)
    mariusfilip likes this.
    04-20-2014 06:27 AM
    You can still see the photos and videos uploaded to OneDrive using the Photo app. Just slide over to Albums and you will see OneDrive and Facebook. I don't use Instagram or Vine so I don't know if they show up in the Albums.
    Well, I know OneDrive shows up. What I miss is the ability to upload to OneDrive, and delete within the photo app. Cos what it is now is basically a viewer. But hopefully, Instagram and other apps do integrate into the app.
    04-20-2014 09:22 AM
    Well, I know OneDrive shows up. What I miss is the ability to upload to OneDrive, and delete within the photo app. Cos what it is now is basically a viewer. But hopefully, Instagram and other apps do integrate into the app.
    I'm convinced an update to OneDrive will bring back the option to upload photos to OneDrive from the photo hub (instead of having to go to the OneDrive app, which obviously still works).

One of the things I like about the new system is that apps can integrate to the hubs. So I expect OneDrive to be one of them. Being made by Microsoft and all.
    04-20-2014 09:26 AM
    I miss the quick link for the people hub in the phone app. Now it just goes to a call address book instead of the full people app.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    04-20-2014 09:43 AM
    In Windows Phone 8, there used to be a feature where we can chat on Facebook through the Messaging Hub. Now that has been removed with the 8.1 DP. Does it mean that the Hub will now be accessible to third party messaging apps? I installed Facebook and Facebook messenger apps and I still don't see them integrated with the Messaging Hub. Should we wait for Facebook Messenger app to be updated to Windows Phone 8.1?
    04-20-2014 11:12 AM
    I personally like FB messenger better than the built in one. :)
    04-20-2014 11:41 AM
    OMG. How many threads of this kind are we going to read? Steve said it all here: Hang on. Which bit of Developer Preview don't you understand?

No you haven't downloaded or updated 8.1, but 8.1 Developer Preview. Before comparing your stable 8.0 environment to the 8.1 environment, you should at least wait for the major apps to update so that everything is optimised for 8.1

It's too early to say features have been stripped or hubs have disappeared or whatever.

So wait & see. Some app updates are due next week; when FB/Twitter are updated, then you'll be able to rant -- or not -- about what has REALLY disappeared.
    04-20-2014 12:10 PM
    Music app is ruined - why have they removed Live tile (and on games); also all the fuss about Contana.. Is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind on Google and Siri !! All it seems to do is throw web pages at you when asked questions, esp compared to Siri and Google which answers and shows info!!! Also the function when pressing the Search key on Lumia that bought Bing search, Music, Local, Scanner all together in one place, and very useful is now gone as MS speech is now using that function - which IS a lot less useful. It seems MS has improved, but not equalled iOS of Android, yet took away key useful features and have added some have baked features like speech function. Seperating apps as with people and phone is now a multitasking event, as you have to go to each app simple to see certain info on a person/number/address! Also on photos which MS has stupidly removed is the pinch screen to preview/see photos by simply swiping the screen seeing the photos whiz across across the screen for a quick view/search. MS seems to be removing the most useful Smartphone functions MS just for the hell of it!
    Last edited by satycool; 04-27-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    04-27-2014 04:45 PM
    Music app is ruined - why have they removed Live tile (and on games); also all the fuss about Contana.. Is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind on Google and Siri !! All it seems to do is throw web pages at you when asked questions, esp compared to Siri and Google which answers and shows info!!! Also the function when pressing the Search key on Lumia that bought Bing search, Music, Local, Scanner all together in one place, and very useful is now gone as MS speech is now using that function - which IS a lot less useful. It seems MS has improved, but not equalled iOS of Android, yet took away key useful features and have added some have baked features like speech function. Seperating apps as with people and phone is now a multitasking event, as you have to go to each app simple to see certain info on a person/number/address!
    Think you are confused on what developer previews are. Cortana works amazing and my wife a huge iPhone user is ready to switch seeing how good she works. I am assuming you do not have her setup right, hence just the web searches.
    Last edited by Booston; 04-27-2014 at 05:09 PM.
    04-27-2014 04:52 PM
    Latest f*uck-up is Games Hub on W.81 - it now does not exist! W8.1 is very good at making W8P worse!
    05-13-2014 07:24 AM
37 12