24hour time in calendar

jlanzac

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
When I set a new appointment and I have to set the time, the pop up for the time selection is in AM/PM.

Do you know how to change it to 24hours?

jlanzac

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Haven't got such and option. Only optin available in calendar is Set Automatically and besides that is I set it tomanually I dont have the 24h option.

Mattias Swenson

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem.

The time is shown as 24hour clock everywhere else but when creating an event in the calendar app it is suddenly 12hour clock.

I keep setting it wrong...

/Mattias

Alon Rozenblit

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
He means the new stock Calendar in WP8.1. I have the same issue.
I believe this is due to the US-centric nature of the Preview for Developers. Same way as Cortana requires the phone to be set to US and automatically displays temperature in Fahrenheit.
It'll probably support all formats when it is officially released, including the 24h clock.

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
When using US region with non US regional settings dates are display with the 24h format except in the calendar app. It's a bug in the app itself and I don't think there's anything to do about it from the user side.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
When using US region with non US regional settings dates are display with the 24h format except in the calendar app. It's a bug in the app itself and I don't think there's anything to do about it from the user side.

I see what you're saying. I have 24 h time and UK regional format.

Here is my Outlook calendar.
calendar.PNG

Here is my WP8.1 calendar.
wp_ss_20140923_0002.png

MarkAshmore

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
UK Settings
Even though the calendar showed times in 24 hour format when entering times I had to remember to check the am/pm setting.
After setting an appointment for 7am instead of 7pm due to there being no 24 hour clock I tried changing the language settings with no sucess till I chose Welsh UK as the language and it now works properly; I just have to learn the welsh for days of the week and months of the year!
What this does show however is that it is possible, and I still have ? signs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6