Notification Bar Icons - Sun and Moon

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I don't think I'm totally crazy, but feel free to tell me if I am.

With 8.1 I seem to have a new icon. Right next to the LTE symbol - it's alternately a sun or a moon. I thought it was just telling me if it was day or night (uh, thanks, phone. I guess.) But now it's 2:30 in the afternoon and the crescent moon symbol is up.

What is it?

I thought it might have something to do with quiet hours, but I am not currently IN my quiet hours, so I'd think the sun would be up.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
When I turn on quiet hours, a moon symbol pops up to the right of the LTE symbol. It can also be a "No Vibrate" symbol, a "Ringer Off" symbol or nothing. I've never seen a sun symbol.

Maonsie

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
When the phone is identifying your location their is an icon that is a circle with a ring around it. Is that your sun? :p

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
So why are my quiet hours showing up in the middle of the afternoon? Hmm.
No, the location icon is to the right of this... If it ever shows up again I'll try to remember to take a screen shot. It's been moon ever since I made the post.
Thanks!

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Nope, been watching and it just seems to show the icon at random times, not necessarily during quiet hours. Weird.

Brian Jaybush

May 30, 2014
Visit site
The crescent moon DOES indicate quiet hours; it's showing up at random times because you have checked, "Turn on when I have a calendar event marked Busy." Un-check that (Settings/Quiet hours) and the crescent moon will only appear at the specific (overnight?) hours you have set ("Turn on during these times").

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I get the location icon sometimes without having location enabled. I think it's a bug.

I thought that at first too but I am thinking that location comes on periodically to determine your location for Find My Phone. Especially if you have that option checked to save the phones location periodically. I was noticing my location come on and off several times a day and figured it was because of that. Now I leave location on all the time to have Cortana enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077