What makes WP stand apart?

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
So, now that this long waited (beta) update has arrived, WP finally caught up with the completion. Although, I always believe that WP has one of the most effective, smooth, clean and faster interface, I will not denied we were behind in many aspect compare to the competition. I am glad to see MS listening more to its users making the changes that we wanted and asked for. The list of new features are amazing especially Cortana and the Notification Center [these two are more than welcome], apps are way better with the new updates. My battery now is much better than before, my phone used to charges faster, my signal is stronger [and not is not the provider, this happened after the 8.1 update], the quality of calls have improved, I love the IE 11, the call history is better although I would like have more options in the way I interact with it. And last but not least the background customization; thank you very much I love it. Like many other users I believe this shouldn't be the only option to customized the background.

What I don't like: well not much but, I would like to see the Bing Vision back [integrated with Cortana] in the same way music search is. Get my games back where they belong to the game collection app, is annoying having them mix up with the other apps. Transparency; should be a default for every MS app, like office, note, etc. For some reason, sometimes I cannot send text messages when I connected to Wi-Fi, the new volume control took away my music controls away I want them back. Right now that is all, but I may add more.

One thing I would love to see: MS let people transfer their music from iOS and Google play. Follow my comment here: The Windows Phone 8.1 Xbox Music team wants your feedback and suggestions | Windows Phone Central
But the big question is: What makes WP unique?
What does WP has that the others do not?
What makes WP stand alone?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Very level headed comments.

WP 8.1 has been very warmly recieved in the circle of users that have grabbed it so far.

Most important, will be the casual users, which turn into purchases. Hopefully, this is the update that finally launches WP into the mainstream buyers thoughts and gets the #3 OS into better position to challenge iOS and Android. We need the competition to drive continued innovation.

Besides, I just want it to stick around for good. Loves me some WP.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree, but MS has to bring something that nobody has and that every person want.
Very level headed comments.

WP 8.1 has been very warmly recieved in the circle of users that have grabbed it so far.

Most important, will be the casual users, which turn into purchases. Hopefully, this is the update that finally launches WP into the mainstream buyers thoughts and gets the #3 OS into better position to challenge iOS and Android. We need the competition to drive continued innovation.

Besides, I just want it to stick around for good. Loves me some WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes