View Poll Results: Have you done a phone reset?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, phone works well

14 53.85%
  • Yes, still have issues

4 15.38%
  • No, but planning to

2 7.69%
  • No, do not intend to

6 23.08%
    Just curious as to how many people have done a phone reset after installing the 8.1 preview?
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-19-2014 12:32 AM
    One reset here on an extra phone for testing.

Good thread by the way.
    SAM 77 likes this.
    04-19-2014 12:38 AM
    Bump because I think this is an important thread!
    Last edited by Guytronic; 04-20-2014 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Grammar
    04-19-2014 11:58 PM
    I think the information we really want would be served by the options: "yes, phone improved", "yes, no improvements", and "yes, phone got worse". The other don't matter.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-20-2014 12:06 AM
    My 920 would have been a reset, but I gave it a few days and it settled down.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-20-2014 12:07 AM
    I think the information we really want would be served by the options: "yes, phone improved", "yes, no improvements", and "yes, phone got worse". The other don't matter.
    True
    Poll and then post why or why not.
    04-20-2014 12:09 AM
    YES - IMPROVED!!!

I did a FULL reset on my 928 and 90% of the problems I experienced faded after the reset. Made sure all backups were in place, especially photos.
    Took about an hour and my apps reinstalled.
    After the reset I've had to make a few tweaks. If I keep GPS off I get awesome battery life and get the Bing search experience.
    Recommend full reset for most Lumia users. Your mileage may vary if you have HTC, Samsung etc. Just my 2 cents.
    Guytronic and SAM 77 like this.
    04-20-2014 12:11 AM
    I performed a hard reset on my 1520 and my 1320 this morning. The 1520 was acting strangely: Going back to the start screen began causing a lag. Upon powering up the device, I would see "Resuming" on a black screen for at least two to three minutes before finally showing the start screen. Just got to be annoying. It is as smooth as butter now.
    I reset the 1320 just as a precaution. It was showing none of the issues found on my 1520 though.
    On a side note, my 8X has been running smoothly since the update.
    frankelweeze and Guytronic like this.
    04-20-2014 12:14 AM
    YES - IMPROVED!!!

I did a FULL reset on my 928 and 90% of the problems I experienced faded after the reset. Made sure all backups were in place, especially photos.
    Took about an hour and my apps reinstalled.
    After the reset I've had to make a few tweaks. If I keep GPS off I get awesome battery life and get the Bing search experience.
    Recommend full reset for most Lumia users. Your mileage may vary if you have HTC, Samsung etc. Just my 2 cents.
    Did you restore the backup ?
    And if you restore the backup, did the app data been restored, like WhatsApp conversations ?
    Thanks
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-20-2014 12:16 AM
    Did you restore the backup ?
    And if you restore the backup, did the app data been restored, like WhatsApp conversations ?
    Thanks
    All my txt msg's on the phone were restored.
    Even my Home screen was restored.
    You need to go into the backup settings and set everything to backup - data, home screen, etc.
    Restoring the phone was so easy it was a joke. After reset was complete, I selected the most recent backup to restore and it was pretty much automatic.
    Some apps required me to login again, email was preconfigured and only required a password.

I do not use WhatsApp and don't know how those conversations are backed up.
    I DO use facebook messenger and all that was stored on the facebook server and it was a matter of re-logging in to get conversations back in fb messenger.
    My phone history totally restored, txt msgs, even my Me and People hub accounts.

MAKE SURE YOU WALK THROUGH THE BACKUP SETTINGS!!!!!
    Check WhatsApp and see if conversations are backed up to their server or if there is a backup setting within their app (again, I don't use WhatsApp so I don't know).
    04-20-2014 12:30 AM
    Always back up right before total phone reset.
    IMO very important.
    frankelweeze likes this.
    04-20-2014 12:32 AM
    True!!

I also thougth maybe if the users that had done a reset and their phones were still underperfoming to post which model they were using.
    04-20-2014 12:45 AM
    True!!

I also thougth maybe if the users that had done a reset and their phones were still underperfoming to post which model they were using.
    Yes excellent point Sam.
    Seems certain phones might be a bit problematic.
    04-20-2014 12:48 AM
    Not sure why we need a thread dedicated to this when we heartily recommend you do a reset in the bugs thread and have people reporting their issues are gone in that. I'll let this thread continue for now and see if this can become more useful.
    04-20-2014 01:10 AM