My 8.1 Preview.

George Anglin

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
First: I am simply posting to make a general report on glitches or possible problems since the 8.1 software update is a preview i hope these things get patched.

This is my 2nd windows phone (My first being the Nokia 521.) Im currently using an HTC8X for T-mobile. So far I am pretty happy with this update. It has a lot of what i thought the first iteration should have had and possibly more. My use of this phone is mostly social and i keep so notes since I am in college.
- I love the extra row. I am pretty young and my eyes are in good condition so i actually prefer for my tiles to be smaller and even less bold. [Previously i thought that the tiles i had took too much space and i thought it elongated my start screen a bit too much.]
-The translucent tiles are wonderful and i fiddle with this feature i couple of times during the week.

- Cortana is a good new feature with improved voice detection. The previous version would constantly mistake what i said often. Setting alarms is pretty easy and adding items to the calendar seemed pretty responsive.

- Swipe typing is actually really good. When i had my android phone a while back it was also not very good and would constantly make mistakes. I generally have a overall good opinion of the keyboard that all ready existed so this is a general improvement when i don't have the time to use both thumbs.

- Screen Capture is different and its interesting that they added a "mini tutorial." I keep trying to screen capture the old way and it reminds me to do it the new way.

There are plenty of new improvements i like but i don't want to talk about features I might not use.

other changes.
- My battery seems to last a bit longer than before. [Probably has something to do with managing what is and isn't running.]
-
complaints.
- There seem to be two ways to close an app now (swipe down and the "X") why keep both?
- My onedrive doesn't seem to be uploading my pictures. My settings should allow them to upload but i don't see them upload at all.

Over all happy with the preview . Thanks to this website for making a comprehensive tutorial so i could sign up to get it I doubt my device would have gotten it otherwise.

wp_ss_20140416_0001.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre