First: I am simply posting to make a general report on glitches or possible problems since the 8.1 software update is a preview i hope these things get patched.

This is my 2nd windows phone (My first being the Nokia 521.) Im currently using an HTC8X for T-mobile. So far I am pretty happy with this update. It has a lot of what i thought the first iteration should have had and possibly more. My use of this phone is mostly social and i keep so notes since I am in college.
    - I love the extra row. I am pretty young and my eyes are in good condition so i actually prefer for my tiles to be smaller and even less bold. [Previously i thought that the tiles i had took too much space and i thought it elongated my start screen a bit too much.]
    -The translucent tiles are wonderful and i fiddle with this feature i couple of times during the week.

- Cortana is a good new feature with improved voice detection. The previous version would constantly mistake what i said often. Setting alarms is pretty easy and adding items to the calendar seemed pretty responsive.

- Swipe typing is actually really good. When i had my android phone a while back it was also not very good and would constantly make mistakes. I generally have a overall good opinion of the keyboard that all ready existed so this is a general improvement when i don't have the time to use both thumbs.

- Screen Capture is different and its interesting that they added a "mini tutorial." I keep trying to screen capture the old way and it reminds me to do it the new way.

There are plenty of new improvements i like but i don't want to talk about features I might not use.

other changes.
    - My battery seems to last a bit longer than before. [Probably has something to do with managing what is and isn't running.]
    -
    complaints.
    - There seem to be two ways to close an app now (swipe down and the "X") why keep both?
    - My onedrive doesn't seem to be uploading my pictures. My settings should allow them to upload but i don't see them upload at all.

Over all happy with the preview . Thanks to this website for making a comprehensive tutorial so i could sign up to get it I doubt my device would have gotten it otherwise.

wp_ss_20140416_0001.jpg
    04-19-2014 07:56 AM
    Many people have problem with the OneDrive, no solution yet. Some random restarts did it for some people but not for some.
    Darth_Bane and George Anglin like this.
    04-19-2014 08:02 AM
    Many people have problem with the OneDrive, no solution yet. Some random restarts did it for some people but not for some.
    Ahh thats why my images are getting there
    04-19-2014 08:07 AM
    Well glitches are expected.
    anon(8657436) likes this.
    04-19-2014 08:20 AM