Quiet Hours message

John Walsh3

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
The Quite Hours message won't auto reply when I set Quiet Hours even though the check box is checked. I even set it so no one gets through and it still doesn't reply.

Hik2

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have a nokia 520 running the 8.1 developer's preview. When the phone is on quiet hours and someone calls the caller receives a busy tone as if my phone is offline. I do receive a notification in the call log that a call has been made. No SMS is sent to the caller.

Hik2

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to the new version and the problem still wasn't fixed. What is the person who calls supposed to hear when my phone is on quiet hours?

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I tested this and yeah, it doesn't work. I do quietly receive the text message, but the auto reply doesn't work. Maybe they'll fix it on the next update. And hopefully they let us set a custom message.

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I tested this and yeah, it doesn't work. I do quietly receive the text message, but the auto reply doesn't work. Maybe they'll fix it on the next update. And hopefully they let us set a custom message.

Ah, I was beginning to wonder if I did something wrong setting this up... can't get it to work either.

~ScottGeek.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's strange. It works for me.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• WP_20140529_3137.jpg
    WP_20140529_3137.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 8

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I got confused in the beginning as well. Here's what I think you're thinking :)
You're assuming that Cortana will reply to folks that are calling you with a Text message. Nope. It only replies to text messages with text messages. Voice calls go to, well, voice mails. I think that's the point. I would have loved to see the option to reply with a text message, but I don't think it does now.

On a side note, if you choose to activate the "ask if they want to breakthrough" feature, the response sucks with the secret word "knock knock" I wish you could customize these messages.

Hik2

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Reebs Reebs that is it. the text works as you said. As I don't have voice mail set up it sends back a busy tone. It would be a nice feature to send a text message instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster