8.1 more supported video filetypes

Sam Baker

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I remember a while ago when there was a list of features in 8.1 it said it would support more filetypes (.avi .mp4 etc etc.), I'm on 8.1, but I was thinking, how do I get the videos on to the phone in the first place? With a mac, they have to be in itunes and then you sync, so even though 8.1 may support more filetypes, I'm still restricted by the filetypes itunes accepts?

Sam

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If you have videos in iTunes that aren't protected, they should be fine. Only protected stuff, like iTunes Movies, can't be synced to a WP.

Your two apps to watch videos are the main Video app and MoliPlayer, which is basically VLC.

Sam Baker

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't mean protection, I mean supported filetypes. Like for example, itunes won't let you import an .mkv and I'm trying to get an mkv on my phone. So 8.1 might allow mkv files now but itunes doesn't so therefore I can't sync it to my windows phone. I don't know if that makes sense haha

Also, I converted my video file, imported it into itunes, sync'd it to my windows phone, opened up the videos app and can't see it anywhere, looks like its just a video buying store!

L Kapoor

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Swipe left (I mean put your hand at the left hand side of the screen and drag it towards the right. I'm not sure about what 'swipe left' means) after opening the video app, there will be a see all option at the bottom of the screen. Videos present on your sd card and phone would be present there.

Sam Baker

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Swipe left (I mean put your hand at the left hand side of the screen and drag it towards the right. I'm not sure about what 'swipe left' means) after opening the video app, there will be a see all option at the bottom of the screen. Videos present on your sd card and phone would be present there.

on the video app, right? when i load it up all it is is xbox movies, theres nothing to do with stuff on the phone's storage, just like a store to buy and rent films :(

L Kapoor

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
on the video app, right? when i load it up all it is is xbox movies, theres nothing to do with stuff on the phone's storage, just like a store to buy and rent films :(
Yes, on the video app. Open the app and swipe through the different screens.
Aviary_Photo_130429755849572706[1].jpg
Click on the 'see all'. That's where all my videos are.

Sam Baker

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
when i go on to the video app it loads xbox music, the first page i see is collection, no swiping needed (which is different to yours), it then takes ages to load and then says your collection is empty, find something to watch in the movie or tv stores. I sync'd a video to my windows phone and it doesn't seem to be listed... :(

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I remember a while ago when there was a list of features in 8.1 it said it would support more filetypes (.avi .mp4 etc etc.), I'm on 8.1, but I was thinking, how do I get the videos on to the phone in the first place? With a mac, they have to be in itunes and then you sync, so even though 8.1 may support more filetypes, I'm still restricted by the filetypes itunes accepts?

Sam

I don't know if this will work, but have you tried to manually copy the video files from the PC in explorer? I have done it with music in the past.

EDIT - Sorry didn't catch the fact that you have a MAC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss