Windows phone 8.1 update missing linking or editing contacts

sunbee

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't see an option editing or linking the contacts under address book; however under the dialed history we can get an option to do the same. When I tap a contact it dials that number if there is only one number saved with the contact name otherwiseit will show multiple numbers without giving an option to link or edit. Did anyone else noticed this? I'm using it on L720.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You can edit or link contacts in the people hub, just as I would expect. Why try to find contact editing anywhere else?
It is not missing anything.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't see an option editing or linking the contacts under address book; however under the dialed history we can get an option to do the same. When I tap a contact it dials that number if there is only one number saved with the contact name otherwiseit will show multiple numbers without giving an option to link or edit. Did anyone else noticed this? I'm using it on L720.

Yes, I've posted about this too. You must be a long time user like myself. They've changed this from 8.0, and I can see the benefit. Took me a while to get a feel for it, but it's probably better.

The phone address book now only dials a number, people hub shows their full contact info.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit