8.1 is awesome on my ativ s

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I got the 8.1 done on my ATIV, I love it. The ativ series is the best windows phone on the market. SD memory, removeable battery, great screen, size is great. and no toy lookin phone.

I am riding these phones until they give out. I was looking at porting a 929/930 to telus, but no SD storage is a deal breaker for me.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I got the 8.1 done on my ATIV, I love it. The ativ series is the best windows phone on the market. SD memory, removeable battery, great screen, size is great. and no toy lookin phone.

I am riding these phones until they give out. I was looking at porting a 929/930 to telus, but no SD storage is a deal breaker for me.

I am also loving 8.1 on my Ativ S! Initially had a major battery drain problem. Hard reset and turning off some background tasks has worked and my battery life 1 week later is stellar. Still having issue with the camera but not a big deal for me and that will certainly be fixed with firmware update. My daughter played with my phone for awhile and declared she likes it as much as her S4. Coming from her that is high praise. Like you, I will be using it for awhile yet. For being such an old phone, it certainly works great!

daredevildan

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the Galaxy series of phones on Android, most recently the Note 3 I don't mind Samsung just throwing WP on their phones and getting them out there. They might not be all-in on the platform but they are very popular for a reason on Android and if they can bring just a little bit of that to WP I'm happy.

Sean Sabe

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I got an Ativ S and as said, works greater than other WinPhone devices, with almost no bugs but camera one, in my case. However, I sense a battery drain kinda worst and worries me. Also, wondering if 3 column view contributes to this draining.

Any suggestion or opinion would be great, dudes.

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset to fix battery drain? Sometimes in the first days battery drains a lot but then phone adjusts and comes back to normal.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I got an Ativ S and as said, works greater than other WinPhone devices, with almost no bugs but camera one, in my case. However, I sense a battery drain kinda worst and worries me. Also, wondering if 3 column view contributes to this draining.

Any suggestion or opinion would be great, dudes.

My battery drain was awful after I updated. I did a hard reset as well. The battery took about 4 days to get back to normal. Not sure exactly why. I now have location, several background tasks and Cortana running without problems. Hope yours normalizes as well as mine did. I think the hard reset is really important.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Agree, 8.1 is awesome on Ativ S, apart from the camera problem. Also have somewhat more battery usage, may be caused by 'old' apps that rely on the 30 minutes live tile refresh of 8.0, that changed to 1 minute in 8.1. Should improve when apps are adapted, switching off background use of as many apps as possible should help for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon