The Now Playing Artist Start Screen Is Not dead? Ghost In The Shell

wetworker

Oct 31, 2010
www.zunecards.net
This is what happened to me earlier at work. My buddy called me. I answered the call with a Nokia ear-buds, It's the one with the Mic.
I've been buying them since I got a pair with my Lumia 900. They cost about 12 buck on Ebay. Sound quality is pretty good for the price, plus call quality is sweet as well.

After I hang up I notice I was only getting audio from one ear. For a minute I thought my ear-buds were busted so I played around with the cord and did't get any audio. After a few minutes I decided to restart and see if that could fix this issue. After I restarted I went to play an album, Yep audio came back. sweet!; I then put my phone down with the ear-buds still plugged in with music still playing.
I got my jacket on then picked up my phone to select my walking theme song. To my surprise the music that was playing had the now playing artist image on my lock screen. Wow!

I tried a few more artist and they all came up one my lock screen.

Now I don't know if it's because I was using MPATool app to replace all the artist images from the marketplace and some of the code got left over and is coming into the Xbox Music app.
Also This is the first time I'm seeing it since I installed the 8.1 Beta.

Here are a few screen shots I made. Sadly it does't replace the background image within the Xbox Music app :(

Nokia Ear-Buds: ​Genuine Genuine Nokia WH 902 WH902 Headset Earpiece Fr Lumia 800 610 710 900 | eBay

Now Playing.jpg

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yupp there is also an NFC tag trick to get this working again :D I will try yours since I don't have any tags..

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Now Playing artist on lock screen isn't dead if you go to lock screen from setting you will see the option for Show artist when playing music
I think the current xbox music on wp8.1 isn't ready yet

wetworker

Oct 31, 2010
www.zunecards.net
Now Playing artist on lock screen isn't dead if you go to lock screen from setting you will see the option for Show artist when playing music
I think the current xbox music on wp8.1 isn't ready yet
My bad. Almost everyone including myself were complaining about it being taken away so I never checked. My device was always set to show artist image b4 the update and have't work since I updated. Today was the first time I've seen it so I was pretty surprised.

I just checked my setting and it was turned on all this time. Hmm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro