Cortana can open websites by voice

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone know that when you pin a website to your start screen you can open it by voice using Cortana? I pinned my favorite sites to my start screen, and when I say "open ' site name'...." Cortana will open and go straight to the page I have pinned.

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Just played around with this.

It works well if you have the favorite pinned to the start screen, but I can't just have her open one of my favorited websites without it being pinned. Another thing to add to the Cortana wish list.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This also works with websites you have in your favorites so I would do that. But the point was made and I agree, this utility should be able to launch a website if asked to do it. I don't know if this is resolved in what we get in the released product but it is of little value to perform this task manually to facilitate voice commands...especially for a website. As the OP pointed out, it does work like that but I don't intend to flood my screen with pinned websites. Not gonna happen.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the point of this, though. Unless of course you're using it just to show off Cortana, that is. If you have the tile pinned, you're one tap away from the site. Using Cortana, you have to tap/hold, speak, wait, and finally you'll arrive. It takes a lot longer by comparison.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is really "Cortana opens pinned items". Generally people don't pin websites and so it's a workaround for a few of your favorite destinations.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Now if Cortana could open any of our IE bookmarks we'd really have something. Otherwise this is just showoff eyecandy for bars, friends and parties.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Now if Cortana could open any of our IE bookmarks we'd really have something. Otherwise this is just showoff eyecandy for bars, friends and parties.

Yes. And your Android friends will demonstrate how Google Now will open any website by just telling it to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)