does anyone hate the new in built facebook in windows 8.1?

Bernard Ofori

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
The previous Facebook in windows phone 8 was better in my opinion.with the new facebook, it opens up the facebook app up before you can post an update. I just hate it. Hope Microsoft can reverse it back to the original in windows phone 8

coozman

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
It's horredendous compared to the Android version. I just made the switch to WP on 4/1 and a solid FB APP is my biggest beef. Can't believe I'm unable to auto sync my pics to FB as well as limited to a maximum 5 pics on when posting

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm reading this everywhere, but on my phone with 8.1 preview I can still update my FB, Twitter, LinkedIn from the Me tile.

I wonder what's confusing everyone else?

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
There is no built in Facebook for 8.1 anymore. Going forward the Facebook app will integrate with WP8.1 rather than the OS integrating with FB as it did with WP8.0. This theoretically allows FB / MS (not sure who is developing the new version) to update it separately from the OS and maintain the integration aspects on their own. Meaning we should get new features faster and more reliably.

This has been enabled with the last update to the non-beta FB app but there is apparently a much bigger update coming to that app someday soonish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes