What's your favourite new 8.1 feature?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
hey guys :smile:
what's your favourite feature in windows phone 8.1 ?
I live action + notification centre , ie11 and new start screen layout including background images.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I would have never said background image, but it really is amazing if done right. But Cortana is really nice. I use her to set alarms, text, call and make appointments and reminders. I'm also a huge fan of how you can highlight a whole text message and make it all caps (YELLING IS COOL). I also really love how the people and photo hubs actually work now. The new IE stuff is sweet too.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Start screen for me easy. Totally transformed my phone.

If MS had kept everything from 8.0 then added action/notifications + new start screen and IE11 they would not have a complaint with 8.1

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I like having separate controls for ringtones+notifications and media wp_ss_20140415_0005.png

and photo background with transparrent tiles
wp_ss_20140421_0001.png

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I like the backgrounds you can use for the home screen and I definitely like that you can now move apps to the SD card (as I did with my only 8.1-updated phone at the moment, my Lumia 810).

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
hey guys :smile:
what's your favourite feature in windows phone 8.1 ?
I live action + notification centre , ie11 and new start screen layout including background images.

For me it's got to be the notification centre. I use it a lot and although it needs a little tweaking, it's quite invaluable.

Word Flow keyboard is great! I had one like it on Windows Mobile, and this one is great on the go and very reliable so far.

Another is the downloads folder! This helps so much when I'm troubleshooting, can just download that driver to phone and transfer to PC.

I do like IE11, however it seems I am unlucky and have bugs. Reading mode, and Advanced Settings won't work despite many hard resets.

I am sadly one of those unable to try Cortana, grr! I'm sure this would be fun.

I like the ability for applications to link into places like People, and Photos, but I find what we lost for that a little sad :(. Instant commenting on a family members post was nice in People Hub, which you can't do that anymore (it loads Facebook to then comment).

All the senses are nice, I like knowing what's going on so that gets me all yippee inside.

I like the backgrounds, but also I don't. As I've said in another thread, it can look great, and terrible.

The syncing too, changing colours on phone and PC same time gets me warm and fuzzy, and being able to continue an open Tab in IE11 on phone is great on the go.

Store changes! I like the ability to see all my apps, select them on a list, and then install. The auto-updating and finally the ability to manually check for updates is icing on the cake.

Whoops, this was supposed to be favourite new thing... meaning one thing? xD

Maitrikkataria

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
1. Emoji and Gesture typing.
2. New IE11 is also great, they have some conversion stuff going back because of which the photo-size is being reduced and IE is consuming less data (Need not to mention the READ MODE). Now, it even shows the number of tabs opened in other devices.
3. Personalized ringtones- I agree that this is not the best solution that they have come out with. But still this works somehow, and hopefully they will improve this in future.
4. You can actually kill applications running in background now.
5. New Microsoft enhanced camera application.
:amaze:

veved

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
word flow all the way. I'm now able to type faster. the only thing I don't like in WP 8.1 is messaging and lack of social integration

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss