You can now send and receive songs via bluetooth/NFC in Windows Phone 8.1!

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
So I was browsing through the new horrifying Xbox Music app, when I decided to long press one of the albums I have. To my amazement there was an option to "share" the album. I tapped on it and it gave various options...I thought it couldn't possibly want to share the file. So I turned Bluetooth on as well as nfc and tapped the share option again. BAM! Bluetooth and NFC came up as options, so I got my mother's Lumia 820 (still running windows phone 8) and attempted to send it a song. The Lumia 820 didn't recognize my 920 with NFC, but when I tried sharing the album over Bluetooth it worked seamlessly.

The album appeared in the Music + Videos hub on the Lumia 820.

I don't know about you guys, but I have been wanting this for ages 😁

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
So I was browsing through the new horrifying Xbox Music app, when I decided to long press one of the albums I have. To my amazement there was an option to "share" the album. I tapped on it and it gave various options...I thought it couldn't possibly want to share the file. So I turned Bluetooth on as well as nfc and tapped the share option again. BAM! Bluetooth and NFC came up as options, so I got my mother's Lumia 820 (still running windows phone 8) and attempted to send it a song. The Lumia 820 didn't recognize my 920 with NFC, but when I tried sharing the album over Bluetooth it worked seamlessly.

The album appeared in the Music + Videos hub on the Lumia 820.

I don't know about you guys, but I have been wanting this for ages ��

If I understand correctly, you were able to send whole album with one share. Right?

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
No, I was able to send a single song...but the option to send albums using NFC should be available - but I am guessing you require another Windows Phone 8.1 device to do or attempt that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire