MUST READ - Lumia 920 owners running 8.1 and WhatsApp

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Me and several others have mentioned it all over the place..
I did a search but couldn't find anything! Surely this requires it's own thread. Huge issue! And obvious source of unnecessary battery drain :( - app developers and Microkia need to be awared asap. Everyone needs to email the respective parties, strength in numbers

roanrox

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Didnt get it. Whats the problem on hearing a static noise? I mean how can this is be a bad thing overall?
(heard nothing on my L720 btw)

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
It's the same when you play games (just mute the sounds ingame). Nothing new...but very cheap yes. You can also hear it when you get a msg/call!

- Tapatalk -

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I hear a sound but so what? Cell phones are nothing more than glorified walkie-talkies anyway. It is how signals are converted to sound, like a walkie-talkie. With AT&T, if you are on a land line and put your cell phone too close to the speaker, ANY cell phone on AT&T that is, you'll hear a sound in your handset too. I think this much ado about nothing much. Keep it moving guys. Nothing to see here.

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I hear a sound but so what? Cell phones are nothing more than glorified walkie-talkies anyway. It is how signals are converted to sound, like a walkie-talkie. With AT&T, if you are on a land line and put your cell phone too close to the speaker, ANY cell phone on AT&T that is, you'll hear a sound in your handset too. I think this much ado about nothing much. Keep it moving guys. Nothing to see here.

I hope you're joking. No other mobile operating system has this problem so why must we just 'hack it'? Haven't we ' hacked' enough already (until 8.1 update anyway)? And this has nothing to do with the cellphone being close to a landline or speaker.

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I can hear this while using the WPCentral app as well. Even while I am typing this. So this is a problem with the phone or OS. Not the app.

amin khormaei

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
i had this problem in windows phone 8 not specially for what's app , but i have not reported this until now . i have the same problem right now with whatsapp .

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

What? I never had a phone with that problem. It just sounds CHEAP! And it has nothing to do with radiation. Its another sound...

- Tapatalk -

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I too can only reproduce this in WhatsApp. It's a little concerning that it's happening with other apps on a whole variety of phones. MSFT better be listening.

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I get this every now and again on my Lumia 820 on FB Messenger. It's a very audible static noise. I don't use whatsApp so I couldn't comment on that.

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Also, has any one noticed sound lag or slow tearing sound in games? I was playing Fifa14 the other day and the game started to stutter and the sound lagged and started going really slowly. It sounds like when you're emulating a game and it slows down. Never experienced this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte