MUST READ - Lumia 920 owners running 8.1 and WhatsApp

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaro da yaar

Banned
Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
does that only happens in Windows Phone 8.1? I've 920 with WP8.
Only you can tell, do you experience this in wp8. Some app which produces constant low intensity sound from speaker are WhatsApp, Nokia Camera, FB messenger, Temple run, Minion Rush. I think everybody in wp8.1 experiencing this as my 11 friends who have Lumia phones are also experiencing this and they have all models ranging from 520 to 1520.

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Tweeted Joe Belfiore about the issue, Will replay if any answers.

BTW i am getting the same, may explain while running the screen on it using a lot of batter the sound module not shutting down correctly or apps are leaving it open by mistake.

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Same here, Lumia 925 & WP 8.1. I can hear some buzz through the speaker while using WhatsApp, but only when inside the "conversation screen". It doesn't happen with facebook messenger or MetroTube...

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Same here, Lumia 925 & WP 8.1. I can hear some buzz through the speaker while using WhatsApp, but only when inside the "conversation screen". It doesn't happen with facebook messenger or MetroTube...

Happens in the three I've tested (WhatsApp, fb messenger and Nokia camera) - but it seems to be loudest in WhatsApp.

I hope everyone turns up their volume before testing this.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
What? I never had a phone with that problem. It just sounds CHEAP! And it has nothing to do with radiation. Its another sound...

- Tapatalk -

I have. Its not a problem as long as your cell phone is not too close to the cordless phone while you're on it. One of the things I do at work is talk on the phone, a lot. Usually, when a cell phone on their end is close by, you can hear the buzzing sound. If my phone rings, the buzzing escalates. Pretty common stuff and I'm a little bit surprised, you've never encountered it. Maybe its just a US AT&T thing since I suspect you are in Germany.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope you're joking. No other mobile operating system has this problem so why must we just 'hack it'? Haven't we ' hacked' enough already (until 8.1 update anyway)? And this has nothing to do with the cellphone being close to a landline or speaker.

I have no earthly idea what you're talking about hacking it so you'll have to clue me in lol. But until we get beyond this conjecture of what this sound could possibly be, its impact or if it is at all a cause for concern, for me is much ado about nothing. Not even the OP has submitted any kind of research as to what the origins of this is beyond, "hey, do you hear a sound?" Hearing a sound caused by a radio waves isn't breaking news. Radio frequencies does have sound. Welcome to EMR. If anything this kind of thing happens because this preview is, as I've said a number of times, full of debug code transmitting like crazy to Redmond of how we use 8.1. I think Microsoft wants to get this right so this is our contribution.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have no earthly idea what you're talking about hacking it so you'll have to clue me in lol. But until we get beyond this conjecture of what this sound could possibly be, its impact or if it is at all a cause for concern, for me is much ado about nothing. Not even the OP has submitted any kind of research as to what the origins of this is beyond, "hey, do you hear a sound?" Hearing a sound caused by a radio waves isn't breaking news. Radio frequencies does have sound. Welcome to EMR. If anything this kind of thing happens because this preview is, as I've said a number of times, full of debug code transmitting like crazy to Redmond of how we use 8.1. I think Microsoft wants to get this right so this is our contribution.

1. This is the final build. Development continues on Windows Phone 8.1; final build expected April 14th - Neowin
2. This sound is coming out of the speaker and can be controlled by the volume control. The sounds you describe (not that they ever happen in modern mobile phones outside taking calls) don't work that way.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
You guys need to learn that it's just a Preview for developers! It's not the final build!! It comes with bugs!! Maybe they'll fix it in the final build..!! You cannot fix it with all these arguments you're having.... If you were not up for the buggy preview....you shouldn't have updated it..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720