Bluetooth auto-connect issues?

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Since 8.1 preview my phone no longer auto-connects to my Ford Sync system. Anyone else seeing this behavior? HTC8x. Go in to BT settings and tap the Sync item and it connects just fine just have to do it every time which is inconvenient.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Since 8.1 preview my phone no longer auto-connects to my Ford Sync system. Anyone else seeing this behavior? HTC8x. Go in to BT settings and tap the Sync item and it connects just fine just have to do it every time which is inconvenient.

Somone in this thread mentioned their phone would not auto connect anymore.

Have you tried deleting the connection from the car and phone and pairing again?

Steve Sinders

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Since installing 8.1 and using with my 2012 Sync, it has been having issues too. Now when I get in my vehicle I have to keep trying to content 3 to 6 times before it will connect. Then once it connects if I try to play audio, it's very choppy for a few minutes. Meaning, it starts and stops, starts and stops... then finally it will start and keep playing. All of this is without human intervention. I have a 2011 version of sync from Ford. They do not offer any updates, their site indicates I have the most recent version.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've always had issues with mine auto-connecting with a KIA Optima. It would connect about 90% of the time. After the upgrade, I haven't really noticed any difference. I have a 928 and a 2012 KIA Optima.

press_z

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I posted this else where, but I am having issues with BT connectivity also. Before it would connect to voice and audio. Now I'm only getting a voice connection which is very spotty. So now I cannot listen to music without using an aux cable.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have a Jabra Drive in my 2006 escape It works just fine. My wife has a 2014 Escape and her iPhone 5 connects automatically and my 920 connects fine when her iPhone is not within range

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Something that I've noticed is that for me, before the update, the "Bluetooth volume" would be remembered, now every time it connects to the car the volume is low and I have to increase it.

Laceym

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
2010 VW GTI here. My L920 would only connect to my car's bluetooth about every other time when it was new. GDR2 fixed that problem. GDR3 no change. With 8.1 it is back to connecting every other time. Well, staying connected every other time. It will connect, go into driving mode, and disconnect. When I see it disconnect, I just turn off bluetooth on the phone and back on. After that it will stay connected and connect the next time I get in my car. I have to go through these steps every other time. Really weird. I've sent a log to Microsoft using the diagnostic app.

humblehyper

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2013 Honda Accord and it connects automatically, however the text aloud feature on the Lumia is driving me crazy, it's trying to read my text message aloud but there's no sound coming out of the speakers, the reason why I know is it silences the music for a few seconds then resumes.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Quick follow up to this. I finally took the time to unpair/re-pair and it has been working just fine every since. I was seeing similar behavior as Laceym if I watched it trying to connect but it would never actually connect until I manually connected (either by turning BT on/off, or going in to BT settings and tapping Sync). Since re-pairing it has connected every time flawlessly.

Laceym

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Quick follow up to this. I finally took the time to unpair/re-pair and it has been working just fine every since. I was seeing similar behavior as Laceym if I watched it trying to connect but it would never actually connect until I manually connected (either by turning BT on/off, or going in to BT settings and tapping Sync). Since re-pairing it has connected every time flawlessly.
I didn't think of that. I'll give it a try.

Laceym

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I unpaired and re-paired all of my BT devices and it didn't solve my issue with my car. It made a HUGE improvement in my battery life though, so that is nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte