Lumia 920 post-Windows Phone 8.1 battery life sucks!!!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Crazy. I've decided I'm going to leave my 920 on Windows Phone 8 because there are too many features gone with 8.1 that I would miss. I've updated my 810 to 8.1 (probably will do the same with my 925 when the update is officially released) and the battery has been pretty good. I charged it earlier and around 4 hours later, it's at 82%. I've texted, listened to music, played games and checked the weather since late morning, so I can't complain. I wonder if the battery issue is limited to certain phones.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Both myself and my husband have 920's. Mine has suffered absolutely no ill effects battery wise since doing the 8.1 update. My husband however did suffer from issues for the first couple of days. He was also noticing that his was getting very hot for no apparent reason. Took of a few minutes of investigation to realize that one of his e-mail accounts had been stuck in a perpetual "sync" mode. Removed the account from the device, rebooted, then put it back on. Everything has been fine since. I have have wifi, NFC, Bluetooth, location, etc. all running on both devices and battery is now the same, if not better than before - a full day to day and a half of usage.

Nishant Rana1

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 920 battery life sucks big time after this update. Some of the major differences are as follow:

1. Phone remains very hot all the time. Some time it's even difficult to keep in your pocket.
2. Battery hardly last for 8-9 hours even if I don't do anything. (By default Wi-fi and 2g is enabled. Hardly take 1-2 calls for 4-5 mins max).
3. Battery Charging time has gone up
a) with plugged charger it takes 3+ hours.
b) with USB charger it takes almost 5-6 hours.

riggsmagic

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting awesome battery life on 925. Very pleased with it. From 6am to 11pm just before I plug it in i have about 40%. That's with mobile data on the whole time. Lite to heavy usage. Heavy texting. Cortana on. I also have the standard background tasks turned off, yada yada. I was getting awesome battery life with the Black update too. But anyways I have like only 2 apps installed. (dev preview, Facebook) this can heavily contribute in aiding to my battery life. For I know when a new software is released and 3rd party apps aren't updated they can strain the battery more then before. That's why i try to stay away from them until they announce their optimization for said update. Maybe that will help, OP?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss