Update 8.1 & OVERHEATING & camera apps

majster007

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Oj dudes, i updated my sweet lumia 1520 today.
Was massivelly impressed with 8.1, until using BLINK camera app -- when i use it the phone gets hot! I tried other camera apps, every one causing the phone to heat up (left upper corner; right upper corner if turned around); but not as much as blink app.

Has annyone got the same problem or even better a solution? :) Other than that the system is sleek in my phone.

zephyrpawan

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah dude, I am also experiencing too much lag, and longer app launch times after 8.1 update. I did the hard rest of my Lumia 1520 3 times but its still the same. I am starting to hate such a sluggish experience after all that hoopla about the update

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing problems too, but don't forget its a beta and bugs are still being ironed out. Also, we haven't received firmware. So these problems will be resolved once they're released.

majster007

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I remember the wpcentral article stating its NOT a beta! Lol
I am just affraid that my phone or my battery could get a phisical damage from the heating....

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I thought I seen that too, but MS stated that they were preparing other updates GDR updates coming later this year. Hopefully whenever they come, our problems will get resolved.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm betting the overheating and battery drains are attributed all the initial indexing that Cortana does. It has to index all your email, txt messages, web history, etc. to be useful. After it's done then it should be close to normal performance since it will just index in deltas.

majster007

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The only catch is that i dont have cortana (i live in Europe). I have no battery drain problem and no overheating, EXCEPT when using camera apps (it gets diturbingly hot only when using MS BLINK app.)

P.S. But i have to say, that 8.1 optimization for a 6inch phone is galaxies better (like comparing an old dodge and starship enterprise)

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah dude, I am also experiencing too much lag, and longer app launch times after 8.1 update. I did the hard rest of my Lumia 1520 3 times but its still the same. I am starting to hate such a sluggish experience after all that hoopla about the update

If you have downloaded these two apps, remove them immediately:
- Nokia Play To app.
- Nokia Beamer app.

​They are buggy, and causing lag and sluggishness in the system.

zephyrpawan

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, I uninstalled those apps but the problem still persists!!
What is your basis of saying that Nokia Play to and Beamer are slowing down the os, they run perfectly on windows 8 and if there was a compatibility issue with wp8.1 Nokia would have acknowledged and updated those but there is no official word on that!!!

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The only catch is that i dont have cortana (i live in Europe). I have no battery drain problem and no overheating, EXCEPT when using camera apps (it gets diturbingly hot only when using MS BLINK app.)

P.S. But i have to say, that 8.1 optimization for a 6inch phone is galaxies better (like comparing an old dodge and starship enterprise)

Yes, you're not in the US, so you don't get the Cortana assistant. But don't you still get the new search features that can search within your mailbox? Or do you still have the original Bing search when you tap the search button?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2