08-19-2014 10:12 AM
52 123
tools
    I think they will fix it in the Nokia cyan update
    I don't think this is an OEM issue, since someone said they were experiencing the same issue on their Samsung phone. It's a patch that Microsoft would have to release, not Nokia.
    04-23-2014 05:39 PM
    This has been my only problem with 8.1. I unpinned the Cortana live tile about 24 hours ago, and haven't had this happen since.
    05-02-2014 09:32 AM
    I don't think this is an OEM issue, since someone said they were experiencing the same issue on their Samsung phone. It's a patch that Microsoft would have to release, not Nokia.
    This I believe is a device specific issue, each version of WP needs to be optimized for each WP device, that's OEMs work.
    05-02-2014 10:38 AM
    Unpinning the Cortana tile fixed this issue on my 1520.
    05-05-2014 08:10 PM
    Unpinning the Cortana tile fixed this issue on my 1520.
    It sorted it for me as well. Touch wood.
    05-06-2014 04:22 AM
    In case this info is of use.

I'd tried turning off Cortana but I hadn't unpinned the tile from my start screen and I was still experiencing the resuming issue. So I would suspect it's the tile rather than Cortana entirely.

Such a pity that the pinned tile is the issue, love having the animated Cortana wide tile showing news updates.

I had also wondered if this issue was related to upgrading my contract to 4G and the apps struggling to connect to perform updates when the phone comes out of sleep. Amending the setting didn't seem to make a difference though.
    05-13-2014 04:37 AM
    In case this info is of use.

I'd tried turning off Cortana but I hadn't unpinned the tile from my start screen and I was still experiencing the resuming issue. So I would suspect it's the tile rather than Cortana entirely.

Such a pity that the pinned tile is the issue, love having the animated Cortana wide tile showing news updates.

I had also wondered if this issue was related to upgrading my contract to 4G and the apps struggling to connect to perform updates when the phone comes out of sleep. Amending the setting didn't seem to make a difference though.
    Yeah I didn't get rid of Cortana, I just got rid of its live tile.
    05-13-2014 08:53 AM
    I have same problem in my phone too.
    and not to mention lots of lags too. many phone just froze, restart etc.
    But why complain?
    It just a preview.
    05-13-2014 09:40 AM
    I have same problem in my phone too.
    and not to mention lots of lags too. many phone just froze, restart etc.
    But why complain?
    It just a preview.
    Did you do a hard reset and set up your phone as new?
    05-13-2014 01:52 PM
    I have this issue as well. Currently removing the Cortana live tile. Will update if it resolves the issue. I also have random freezes and slow performance sometimes.
    05-31-2014 10:10 PM
    My Start screen is laggy as hell sometimes. I scroll down and all the tiles are blank. They take 3-5 to load.

I just removed the Cortana love tile to see if that fixes it. I'll post and update after some testing, etc.
    05-31-2014 10:15 PM
    I am facing the same problm in wp 8.0specially when Bluetooth is on any solution for it?
    05-31-2014 10:23 PM
    I am facing the same problm in wp 8.0specially when Bluetooth is on any solution for it?
    Better phone?
    05-31-2014 10:27 PM
    Removing Cortana did not work. Like 30 minutes later I got the same 'resuming' screen when I woke my phone up. Also, I tried to rearrange my tiles and add Cortana back but everything froze up again... no fun :(
    05-31-2014 10:43 PM
    My 1520 does this occasionally, except the battery drops by somewhere near 25-30% instead of the 61% like in the original post. A soft reset fixes this for me.

When I soft reset, after the time it would usually take for having the att logo up (and sometimes the Nokia logo), the phone crashes and then boots up like normal.

(The soft reset issue happens every time I soft reset, not just after the start screen issue happens)
    05-31-2014 10:43 PM
    Where did this idea that having Cortana as a live tile would cause all these OS issues, come from?! When has a desktop icon ever screwed up your PC?

DEVELOPER PREVIEW.
    05-31-2014 10:46 PM
    Where did this idea that having Cortana as a live tile would cause all these OS issues, come from?! When has a desktop icon ever screwed up your PC?

DEVELOPER PREVIEW.
    You obviously didn't read all the post where people resolved the issue by removing Cortana live tile. Plus a fair few people were able to make it do it again by putting the Cortana live tile back on the start screen.

I would try a little more reading if I were you if you think that your PC is the same as your phone
    06-01-2014 04:31 AM
    my phone freezes bad these days and has the call drop issue which is fixed by a soft reset
    anyone else have the call drop issue or a solution?
    06-01-2014 04:48 AM
    My Start screen is laggy as hell sometimes. I scroll down and all the tiles are blank. They take 3-5 to load.

I just removed the Cortana love tile to see if that fixes it. I'll post and update after some testing, etc.
    Mine still lags occasionally after removing Cortana live tile.
    06-12-2014 05:37 PM
    I would try a little more reading if I were you if you think that your PC is the same as your phone
    Please, explain the difference. Be as technical as you can. I'll wait.

People also think LOTS of things that aren't true are real. Do you know how the "seems faster" comments started as a joke? Because after ANY type of update (could be added languages) people seriously thought things felt faster. People will see/believe what they want to. ;)
    06-12-2014 05:45 PM
    My 1520 is experiencing the same issue - Resuming...Loading...Soooo frustrating!!! I have found that by removing the Cortana live tile fixes the issue. Although, not sure for how long. I hope MS has a fix for this in GDR1.
    07-29-2014 11:47 AM
    Taken from Nokia Support Forum, worked for me:
    This is a known issue after un-installing the beta for the new Live Lockscreen app (which you probably conveniently forgot to mention you did install and then un-install).
    A solution for this is to simply enable Kid's Corner, use it, and then disable it again..
    I can't post a link to the original bcoz I do not have 10 posts here yet :P
    Hope that helps you all :)
    08-14-2014 07:22 AM
    My Samsung ATIV S is getting this all the time. With or without Cortana. Could be too many apps installed, or a storage issue. It seemed to get worse after I installed a 128 GB microSD card, even though the amount of data didn't increase significantly (the 64 GB card was nearly full, mostly with music; now the new card is half full).

Edit: The Live Lockscreen fix (further down in the thread) seems to have worked.
    Last edited by Motel75; 08-19-2014 at 01:04 PM.
    08-15-2014 02:20 AM
    happens on my 8X without Cortana live tile.
    08-18-2014 08:48 AM
    I was having this same issue on my Lumia Icon. I discovered that the problem was related to installing and uninstalling the Lock Screen BETA app. If you have installed the Lock Screen BETA app on your phone and then uninstalled it (or you still have it installed), you will need to do the following and this will eliminiate the "resuming..." on wake of phone: 1) Uninstall the Lock Screen BETA (if you haven't already); 2) Go to Settings - Lock Screen and change the background from "Photo" (or whatever you have it set to) to "Bing"; 3) go back to your start screen and then lock your phone by hitting the power button; 4) hit power button again to wake your phone; 5) Go back to Settings - Lock Screen and change it back to whatever you had (Photo in my case); 6) go back to your home scrreen and lock the phone again. Now when you hit the power button to wake the phone, it should immediately open the lock screen instead of showing "resuming..." on your screen. Hope this helps everyone!
    spoonxii, Tunno79 and pqschipper like this.
    08-18-2014 01:44 PM
52 123