WP8.1 Start Screen "Resuming..." or "Loading..." Issue.

chocka

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this bug happens when you unlock the phone. Instead of being greeted with the start screen you see Resuming or Loading on a black screen and the phone is usually very hot because of a run away CPU cycle.

Since I have taken off the Cortana Live tile I have not seen this issue so that may be a temporary fix for now. Has anybody else seen improvements when they took off the live tile?

I did the same thing. After I removed live tile, the problem disappeared. To experiment, I added back the live tile and started opening cortana using the live tile. Within few hours got back the problem. Took out the live tile and the phone is back to normal. I also noticed that calendar app never closes using the back button. Live tile has some bug that creates multiple instances of Cortina? Weird.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This just happened for me and the battery started running hot. I sent a diagnostic to MS (via the new app); hopefully they can pin point the issue and get it resolved.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
This has been my only problem with 8.1. I unpinned the Cortana live tile about 24 hours ago, and haven't had this happen since.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this is an OEM issue, since someone said they were experiencing the same issue on their Samsung phone. It's a patch that Microsoft would have to release, not Nokia.

This I believe is a device specific issue, each version of WP needs to be optimized for each WP device, that's OEMs work.

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
In case this info is of use.

I'd tried turning off Cortana but I hadn't unpinned the tile from my start screen and I was still experiencing the resuming issue. So I would suspect it's the tile rather than Cortana entirely.

Such a pity that the pinned tile is the issue, love having the animated Cortana wide tile showing news updates.

I had also wondered if this issue was related to upgrading my contract to 4G and the apps struggling to connect to perform updates when the phone comes out of sleep. Amending the setting didn't seem to make a difference though.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
In case this info is of use.

I'd tried turning off Cortana but I hadn't unpinned the tile from my start screen and I was still experiencing the resuming issue. So I would suspect it's the tile rather than Cortana entirely.

Such a pity that the pinned tile is the issue, love having the animated Cortana wide tile showing news updates.

I had also wondered if this issue was related to upgrading my contract to 4G and the apps struggling to connect to perform updates when the phone comes out of sleep. Amending the setting didn't seem to make a difference though.

Yeah I didn't get rid of Cortana, I just got rid of its live tile.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I have same problem in my phone too.
and not to mention lots of lags too. many phone just froze, restart etc.
But why complain?
It just a preview.

MrRager22

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I have this issue as well. Currently removing the Cortana live tile. Will update if it resolves the issue. I also have random freezes and slow performance sometimes.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
My Start screen is laggy as hell sometimes. I scroll down and all the tiles are blank. They take 3-5 to load.

I just removed the Cortana love tile to see if that fixes it. I'll post and update after some testing, etc.

MrRager22

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Removing Cortana did not work. Like 30 minutes later I got the same 'resuming' screen when I woke my phone up. Also, I tried to rearrange my tiles and add Cortana back but everything froze up again... no fun :(

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 does this occasionally, except the battery drops by somewhere near 25-30% instead of the 61% like in the original post. A soft reset fixes this for me.

When I soft reset, after the time it would usually take for having the att logo up (and sometimes the Nokia logo), the phone crashes and then boots up like normal.

(The soft reset issue happens every time I soft reset, not just after the start screen issue happens)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)