WP8.1 Start Screen "Resuming..." or "Loading..." Issue.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Where did this idea that having Cortana as a live tile would cause all these OS issues, come from?! When has a desktop icon ever screwed up your PC?

DEVELOPER PREVIEW.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Where did this idea that having Cortana as a live tile would cause all these OS issues, come from?! When has a desktop icon ever screwed up your PC?

DEVELOPER PREVIEW.

You obviously didn't read all the post where people resolved the issue by removing Cortana live tile. Plus a fair few people were able to make it do it again by putting the Cortana live tile back on the start screen.

I would try a little more reading if I were you if you think that your PC is the same as your phone :grincry:

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
My Start screen is laggy as hell sometimes. I scroll down and all the tiles are blank. They take 3-5 to load.

I just removed the Cortana love tile to see if that fixes it. I'll post and update after some testing, etc.

Mine still lags occasionally after removing Cortana live tile.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I would try a little more reading if I were you if you think that your PC is the same as your phone :grincry:

Please, explain the difference. Be as technical as you can. I'll wait.

People also think LOTS of things that aren't true are real. Do you know how the "seems faster" comments started as a joke? Because after ANY type of update (could be added languages) people seriously thought things felt faster. People will see/believe what they want to. ;)

JimmySanDiego

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 is experiencing the same issue - Resuming...Loading...Soooo frustrating!!! I have found that by removing the Cortana live tile fixes the issue. Although, not sure for how long. I hope MS has a fix for this in GDR1.

Daniel Gruszczyk

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Taken from Nokia Support Forum, worked for me:
This is a known issue after un-installing the beta for the new Live Lockscreen app (which you probably conveniently forgot to mention you did install and then un-install).
A solution for this is to simply enable Kid's Corner, use it, and then disable it again..
I can't post a link to the original bcoz I do not have 10 posts here yet :p
Hope that helps you all :)

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung ATIV S is getting this all the time. With or without Cortana. Could be too many apps installed, or a storage issue. It seemed to get worse after I installed a 128 GB microSD card, even though the amount of data didn't increase significantly (the 64 GB card was nearly full, mostly with music; now the new card is half full).

Edit: The Live Lockscreen fix (further down in the thread) seems to have worked.

Last edited:

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I was having this same issue on my Lumia Icon. I discovered that the problem was related to installing and uninstalling the Lock Screen BETA app. If you have installed the Lock Screen BETA app on your phone and then uninstalled it (or you still have it installed), you will need to do the following and this will eliminiate the "resuming..." on wake of phone: 1) Uninstall the Lock Screen BETA (if you haven't already); 2) Go to Settings - Lock Screen and change the background from "Photo" (or whatever you have it set to) to "Bing"; 3) go back to your start screen and then lock your phone by hitting the power button; 4) hit power button again to wake your phone; 5) Go back to Settings - Lock Screen and change it back to whatever you had (Photo in my case); 6) go back to your home scrreen and lock the phone again. Now when you hit the power button to wake the phone, it should immediately open the lock screen instead of showing "resuming..." on your screen. Hope this helps everyone!

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have never had Cortana pinned to start, have done the Live Lockscreen Beta fix, and even hard reset. I still see resuming or loading plenty of times. It started after the upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos