Xbox Music app no longer launches

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
When I try to launch the app, I see the slash screen, then it goes all black and just stays that way. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know of a fix? Thanks.

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
When I try to launch the app, I see the slash screen, then it goes all black and just stays that way. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know of a fix? Thanks.

I'm experiencing this too! Hopefully, since it is Patch Tuesday tomorrow (I'm in UK time, currently 14:23 as of writing this), Microsoft may issue an update for the Xbox Music app!
No fix at the moment, but I use an app alongside Xbox Music, called NiQi Music Player!

It's free and has a simple UI, you shoul try it out, it integrates with music stored on your phone, it's amazing!

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
The Xbox music app is notorious for its slow performance. Maybe what you're experiencing is some extreme form of lag? Do you have a lot of music stored in your library?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
have you tried pressing back when you're on a blank screen?
it may boot you back to start, but I works for me afterwards

still waiting for foxes...

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The Xbox music app is notorious for its slow performance. Maybe what you're experiencing is some extreme form of lag? Do you have a lot of music stored in your library?

I do have a lot of music, but I don't have any locally stored. It's all just streaming from my Xbox Music collection. However, I gave this a try and launched the app and let it sit on the black screen for about 5 minutes and the app finally loaded. Not sure if the music played a factor into it, cause it is all streaming, though. I'll just chalk this up to bad performance on behalf of the Xbox Music app. Thanks. On a side note, now that the app has loaded, whenever I try to launch the app, it loads immediately. Weird.

have you tried pressing back when you're on a blank screen?
it may boot you back to start, but I works for me afterwards

still waiting for foxes...

Yeah, when the app launched and sat on the black screen, the phone was still fully responsive. I could push back and exit, hold back and launch the app selector, push home and return to the Start Screen, pull the notification center down, etc etc etc. It was just sitting on the black screen as if the app loaded, but nothing was showing on the screen. Problem seems fixed now, though.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Edit: PS - This app is terrible, performance wise. I've been on Windows Phone since WP8 launched with the L920 and I never had problems with music when using the Music + Video hub. Never used the Xbox Music app until I updated to the WP8.1 DP and was forced to do so. Now I'm experiencing all kinds of issues with it taking forever to load and when it does, taking forever to play songs and load artists, songs, albums, etc lists.... This app needs some TLC (not T-Boz, Left Eye, and Chilli) fast...

hatie123

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The app was working fine this morning but now I just get the black screen. Whatever changes were made to Xbox Music sucks & an update needs to come out right away.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Mine works perfectly. I think the problem with the music app is sync. It takes a lot of time to load music maybe. Try switching off " show streaming music " and modify your Xbox music settings. These options can be found in the Xbox music app settings option

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
My didnt wanted to open. I removed the sd card (I have no music on the phone directly), started it. Then it started. Then I put it back in and it worked again

hatie123

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like I finally got Xbox Music to work after trying for a day. I have the Lumia 820 so I don't know how easy this will be for other phones to fix. What I did was take the battery out & the micro sd card out for about 5 minutes then turned the phone on without the micro sd card inside. Once the phone completely booted up I then took the battery out & inserted the sd card & turned the phone back on, Bingo!

When WP8 first came out, the sd card was important to me because I am not limited to storage space. The ATT salesman thought I was nuts. But now that WP8.1 lets you install apps on the sd card, I have tons of stuff. Using a 64GB card. I really wish more Lumia phones took advantage of this awesome WP feature. It's could be a deal breaker if I want a new Lumia phone. At least for now Samsung came out with a WP but the phone it self doesn't seem as good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss