Double Texting and Outlook sync affected by Text Backup - 2 Odd, Unfixed bugs carried over from WP8

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
1) Double Delayed Texting: Text messages sent from Windows Phone are received twice and delayed on the other end. The temporary fix for this in WP8 was to go into wifi settings and uncheck the option to keep wifi on while the phone is locked. This temporary fix was removed in 8.1 and the problem still persists. It's usually ok if you're sending one or two messages. But, when you get into a conversation, that's where the problem seems to occur.

2) Outlook account not syncing with Text Message backup turned ON: Outlook account does not sync properly until Text Message Backup is turned off. This has remained unfixed from WP8 to 8.1.

These issues have been tested on both my Nokia Lumia 1020 and Nokia Lumia 920 on the Rogers network. Are others on this forum experiencing these problems as well?

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
1) Double Delayed Texting: Text messages sent from Windows Phone are received twice and delayed on the other end. The temporary fix for this in WP8 was to go into wifi settings and uncheck the option to keep wifi on while the phone is locked. This temporary fix was removed in 8.1 and the problem still persists. It's usually ok if you're sending one or two messages. But, when you get into a conversation, that's where the problem seems to occur.

2) Outlook account not syncing with Text Message backup turned ON: Outlook account does not sync properly until Text Message Backup is turned off. This has remained unfixed from WP8 to 8.1.

These issues have been tested on both my Nokia Lumia 1020 and Nokia Lumia 920 on the Rogers network. Are others on this forum experiencing these problems as well?

Yeah number two is a well known issue. Microsoft even has a guide instructing us to turn off sms syncing.

It is awful for those of us affected since we can't sync sms. And no TMoore, it is not a carrier issue. I don't use Rogers.

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
For me, I can live with the SMS backup off but the Double Delayed Texting is really annoying. It doesn't only affect me, but those I am texting with. Now, even the temporary fix has been removed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss