Reverse tethering on Windows Phone?

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i already do that. But i have a broadband connection that i use on my desktop, which is where i do all my work. So plugging the cable back and forth from the laptop to the desktop is really inconvenient.

They had it on WP7. I wish they brought the feature back on 8.1

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It's one of the things I miss from WP7. I don't know why it was dropped, but I think it was related to the Zune desktop software (it was only working if you had Zune desktop software running), and when they dropped support for that they dropped for this as well.

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
This is badly phrased, but if my best guess is right you just want to share your desktop's internet connection?

You can set an adaptor up as an access point. Edimax is one company who provide the necessary tools with their products. It'll cost you about ?10 for a compatible dongle.

Although surely a better solution would be to buy a ?15 tplink router and turn on WiFi. Connect your desktop through the router by cable.

Or maybe you mean something completely different. Something about Aardvarks?

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
This is badly phrased, but if my best guess is right you just want to share your desktop's internet connection?

That is what "reverse tethering" generally means. So, yes.

And i used to have a router. It stopped working recently. So i needed a solution before i got my router fixed or bought a new one.

vishal thakral

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
No you are wrong windows 8.1 has a feature of creating wifi hotspot..i would post a link for procedure but i cant cause i need have 10 posts in order to post links .... so all u need to do is go to google and search this ''How To Turn Your Windows 8.1 Device Into A WiFi Access Point'' and then go to first link it shows you and your done.. Link is of 7tutorials website...

NOTE : Be sure to run command prompt with administrator privileges otherwise it wont work...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)