How to Install WP8.1 on your WP7.x Device

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Here I will show you how to install WP8.1 on your WP7.x device. This is legit!

Take your WP7.x device with you, and say your goodbyes to it. Then, purchase a WP8 device. Once you do that, install WP8.1 by getting the Preview for Developers app (NOTE: You need to have a dev account).

Hope that helped!

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yup. I completely agree this. It will be useful for users who still have WP7.x and actually it is much useful for Microsoft as they will be very happy if WP7.x users follow this guide ;)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I was expecting yet another "how do i put 8.1 on my lumina 610?????? PLZ HELP!!!" thread. thank you for surprising me

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The problem is some people will be under contract with their "smartphone betas," Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II because they just started selling around this time about 2 years ago with the expectation of moving to WP8 since they were released right before that was announced. I would still be hesitant to move onto a WP8 from either since hardware wise they are still pretty solid compared to the budget replacements (52x series). Easier said than done.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
just in case people asking why windows phone 7 cant upgrade to windows phone 8, windows phone 7's Kernel type are Monolithic (Windows CE), while windows phone 8's Kernel type are Hybrid (Windows NT), they are two different language, they cant change the language, it will ruin the whole phone. while windows phone 7 use zune, and windows phone 8 use xbox and itself
SOURCE: Windows Phone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Came in expecting some hacking BS and "experts" arguing how things are done but left with a huge smile. Thank you OP. We need more of this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss