Start Apps, Make Appointments by Typing?

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is new, or something Windows Phone always did, but you can type out commands in Search and have the phone do things, like launch apps, create appointments, etc. I put two images in this post to show an example scenario.

Bly4D6OCUAAHa1h.jpgBly4KPTCQAA1_XT.jpg

Anyone else aware of this? I'm not sure how much I'll use it but I'm figuring it may be a nice quick way to do some actions if you're a speed typist and don't feel like talking to your phone.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
yes , you can use cortana by just typing commands , its very useful when you are in a meeting and you are not allowed to speak (while typing , cortana will also not speak while making actions ) :smile:

tiwahu

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
The coolest part is that Cortana understands more complex relative temporal references, such as "three weeks from now." Substitute that for "on Thursday" in the example.

Of course, Outlook (on the desktop) has had this capability when making appointments and meeting requests for many years. Just type it into the date field. Nice to see more products finally getting that ability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05