WhatsApp issue with Windows Phone 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shridharshah25

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
After installation of Windows Phone 8.1 (Developers preview), my WhatsApp pictures are saved in an album named "Other Pictures".

Strange is - When I connect the cable with my cell, in windows explorer It shows in to SD Card>Pictures>WhatsApp.
Another is in WhatsApp chat, when I try to attach an image, it goes to Photos but don't show the "Other Pictures" album. Instead it shows "WhatsApp" album which is blank. I can select all other pics except I received on WhatsApp!

If you open "Other Pictures" album from Photos & then share it, you can share the same on WhatsApp.

Any clue guys?

using #lumia720

shridharshah25

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Do hard reset work? I don't think so as I have installed WhatsApp after installing Win 8.1. As I just got my phone from service which was formatted...

Scrisissszzz

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
This is annoying indeed. Also notifications don't work after a while. I reinstalled WA twice and after a day or 2 notifications aren't displayed anymore. Have to open the app to see new messages.

edit: You have to run WA as background task now to receive updates. On 8.0 I always turned it off.

Last edited:

TheOzgun

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Reporting in with the same issue, on 925.

Another thing is, when you clear WhatsApp notifications it doesn't reset the live tile counter. Bugs me a bit...

hazarry

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. This causes us to go round to share photos>photos app select photo and share button. unlike using the in apps sharing as the whatsapps folder was not recognised by the apps itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99