Confused about region change in store

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
On 15th April, I downloaded some language learning apps by a publisher 'Zeemish' for free, as they were free on that day. As I had USA selected as region for Cortana, they were listed as purchased in USA store edition. Now when I changed my region to India, and tried to re-install after a reset they are asking me to pay for it. Why should I pay for it when I got it on a deal. They were free on that day on all stores. Later I changed the region in phone settings in phone to USA and still an 8000ffff error kept showing. On desktop site it insisted that my store region is India but I had changed it half an hour ago to USA. Finally USA store edition became selected edition after 3 hours. Are apps purchased in one region have to be purchased again in other region. I understand they should be available in both regions. And they are available in both regions India and USA in this case. Should we also change region in Microsoft account settings in Outlook along with phone settings ? This did not happen with asphalt and other apps(even paid ones that I got for free on app deals) purchased by me. They were purchased in Indian store and are downloadable in USA edition. There is owned written below their title. I am really confused now. Should I change my region to India to download an app so that later on when I change the region to India, it remains in my purchase list. Or keep USA as my region and enjoy Cortana.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
On 15th April, I downloaded some language learning apps by a publisher 'Zeemish' for free, as they were free on that day. As I had USA selected as region for Cortana, they were listed as purchased in USA store edition. Now when I changed my region to India, and tried to re-install after a reset they are asking me to pay for it. Why should I pay for it when I got it on a deal. They were free on that day on all stores. Later I changed the region in phone settings in phone to USA and still an 8000ffff error kept showing. On desktop site it insisted that my store region is India but I had changed it half an hour ago to USA. Finally USA store edition became selected edition after 3 hours. Are apps purchased in one region have to be purchased again in other region. I understand they should be available in both regions. And they are available in both regions India and USA in this case. Should we also change region in Microsoft account settings in Outlook along with phone settings ? This did not happen with asphalt and other apps(even paid ones that I got for free on app deals) purchased by me. They were purchased in Indian store and are downloadable in USA edition. There is owned written below their title. I am really confused now. Should I change my region to India to download an app so that later on when I change the region to India, it remains in my purchase list. Or keep USA as my region and enjoy Cortana.
i think you should contact the publisher

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720